I am a confident, dedicated and independent self-shooting producer and editor. With over five years of experience in broadcast and digital, I am comfortable setting up shoots across the world, identifying compelling storylines, capturing them with sensitivity and carrying both the drama and sincerity of these narratives through to the edit. I recently completed a directing course, have directed 3 documentaries and am looking to grow my skills further in this area. Most recently I have worked as a shooting PD and editor for Dan Snow's digital history channel, History Hit TV. In the year I worked for them I made 3 specialist factual documentaries and was a member of the core content team, responsible for commissioning and scheduling across the channel. Previously I worked as a staff member at Special Treats Productions, award-winning producer of arts and music documentaries for the BBC and Sky Arts and industry leading specialist in feature film promotion and events. In this role I worked for clients including Netflix, Universal, Fox, Studio Canal, Working Title, Disney, HBO, Amazon, Sony Pictures and Warner Bros. I also work as an independent videographer of promotional and creative content for businesses, charities, social enterprises and individuals.
- Shooting PD & Editor - Operation LegacyIn 2009 a group of Kenyan war veterans sued the British government to reveal the truth about what really happened during the Mau Mau Emergency. This documentary tells their incredible story and exposes the depth of the cover up that rocked the establishment and changed the way we view colonial history forever.
- Shooting PD & Editor - Out of the Inferno: Surviving DresdenOn the 73rd anniversary of the firebombing of Dresden, Dan Snow accompanies British veteran Victor Gregg, a POW in Dresden during the raid, as he returns to the city for a historic meeting with Irene Uhlendorf, who was just 4 years old on the night of the bombing. Together they are able to talk about the horrors of that night and the effect that it has had on the rest of their lives.
- Shooting PD & Editor - Archaeologist Spies of World War OneArchaeologists excavated the ancient past during peacetime, but in war they had a different mission - to play a vital role in modern military intelligence. Historian of archaeology Dr Amara Thornton explores a network of archaeologist-spies, codebreaking, mapping and running agents, and with expert contributors delves into the extraordinary double lives led by the critical players in the international theatres of World War One.
- Shooting AP - Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Behind the Scenes ContentI assistant produced and shot behind the scenes coverage of the rehearsal process of West End theatre phenomenon Harry Potter and the Cursed Child over 4 months between Februrary and July 2016. I interviewed the creative team behind the play including director John Tiffany and writer Jack Thorne and all of the key cast members as well as Heads of Department.
- Director & Editor - Imagining the DivineDr Janina Ramirez takes an exclusive tour of 'Imagining the Divine', the new exhibition at the Ashmolean Museum in Oxford. With the exhibition's co-curator, Ja? Eslner, Janina discovers how the art of the 5 major world religions spread across the globe in the first Millennium AD, and takes a fascinating journey through time, examining religious artefacts and artworks from around the world.
+ View all
- Canon C300
- Shooting/sound Recording
- Final Cut
- Adobe Premier Pro
- Sony FS7
Directing the Documentary
Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
Completed documentary directing short course
+ Show more