Print designer originally from the Shetland Islands but now living in the Scottish Borders. I have completed seven years of further education to give me a breadth of base knowledge. Due to the uncertainty of job prospects during this current climate, particularly for graduates, then I have started my own business creating artwork, printed products and commissions.
- Self Catering Cottages WallpaperI was asked to create a bespoke wallpaper design for a set of self-catering cottages up in the most northern point in the whole of the UK, the top of Unst in the Shetland Islands. The cottages are beside a nature reserve and have the most stunning views. The owner allowed me to stay in one of the cottages to get a feel for the space and the surrounding landscape. It was a beautiful trip and full of inspiration. The owner wanted the print to tell a bit of a story, so a modern take on a toile d
- KyunnenThe Kyunnen print was hand-drawn in the repeat using graphite pencil. It includes mountain hares amongst the grass. It was then edited on Photoshop with colour added. There are currently three colourways in the print but the neutral colour was applied to more products including tea towels and cushions.
- Dark Waters Interior PrintI designed a repeat print and matching cushions for a new range for Variorum. Inspired by the waters of Scotland and the wildlife living there (and possibly living there). The cushions included water-dwelling folklore creatures including the Kelpie, Selkie, and Loch Ness Monster. This took a bit of imagination, especially when adding small details. The repeat print is full of seaweed and creatures found at the bottom of the seabed. I love how the colours came out and also released a new col
- Between Islands Resource PackI was commissioned to do illustrations for a childrens educational pack to teach them about island life. Featuring the islands of Shetland, Orkney and the Western Isles and includes easy to understand information about the landscape, culture, wildlife and folklore of these areas. The pack also includes activities and colouring pages which were drawn by me.
- Isle of Lewis PatternI was given the chance to exhibit a piece of work at the 'Las Ignite' festival in Lewis. I created a print inspired by the islands and showed the design process of this project. From this I have been asked to create a supply of cushions and shopping bags, featuring this print, to be sold in the An Lanntair shop, in Stornoway, Lewis.
+ View all
Sales AdvisorA Symingtons
- Galashiels, United KingdomPart Time
Sales advisor for footwear including measuring and appropriately fitting childrens shoes. Working with brands such as Startrite, Rieker, Skechers, Marco Tozzi, Ricosta and Ruby Shoo
+ Show more
- Print Design
- Pattern Design
- Adobe Photoshop
- Repeat Pattern
- Textile Design
- Screen Printing
BA First Class Honours Textile DesignHeriot-Watt University School of Textiles and Design
- Galashiels, United Kingdom
Specialised in printed textiles, covering both fashion and interiors applications. Also learned marketing, photoshop skills and a range of surface texture applications.
HND Fashion and TextilesNorth East Scotland College
- Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Learning a range of techniques across textiles including print, weave, knit and crochet. Also creating fashion illustrations, pattern making and sewing to create garments.
+ Show more
Dr Oliver MedalHeriot-Watt University School of Textiles and DesignAwarded to the highest achieving graduate of the year.