I am a passionate Surface Pattern Designer that really thrives when exploring what the world has to offer. As a versatile and enthusiastic designer, I love to combine simple shapes and colour within my collections. With expansive knowledge of simplifying detailed objects into beautiful and fun designs, I can recreate anything into a pattern by developing visual studies, exploring different print methods and layering up compositions into repeat patterns. I also have excellent knowledge with with CAD skills, such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Tropical Muslin BlanketThis design was inspired by tropical animals and the beautiful colours that portray them. I combined fresh watercolours with mark making to show off their fun textures. The design was created into a digital repeat pattern on Diamond Jersey which also provides a soft, textured surface to the pattern. The dynamic of the pattern was inspired by a geometric style to make the animals look busy, but keeping it fun and light.
- Johnson Tiles Live BriefThe theme for this project was exploring detail and trend forecast for S/S 18. The aim is to develop a collection of wall tile designs for either the residential or contract market. The collection should be a range containing a coordinating décor and field/base/plain tile element . Research the tile and interior market, identifying any gaps. Looking at original, unique solutions to offer a point of difference to what is already available. The collection I produced was inspired by decay found on mulitple surfaces, combined with the colour paltte of 2018, which is green, along with grey pastel tones. The collection is to be used for residential bathroom walls, to help bring nature back into our homes.
- Natural AbstractionThe pastel tones of nature’s surrealism will be introduced to the AW 18/19 trend of structure. The combination will bring earthy textures and dreamy, natural hues together with dynamic, abstract shapes into the home environment and to be applied to dinnerware ceramics. The colours will provide bright accent layers with core neutrals and dark fashion colours, creating bold contrasts for the season. Textures inspired by different forms of concrete surfaces will provide a matt tone and bring materialistic organic essence back into the kitchen. Abstract shapes expressed from structural objects combined with concrete textures will provide a new and exciting direction to dinnerware ceramics.
- Moonpig Graduation cardsThe bright, bold colours being introduced into S/S 18 will portray a fun adventure as students begin to come to terms with the knowledge of what to do next with their lives as they graduate. Introducing pop art values of bold colours, mark making and shapes to represent a fun and humorous journey. The experience of university and the discovery of what life has to offer once it has finished will be expressed through dark humour jokes in hand written styled typography and relatable visual studies which interpret life as a student in the style of exploring pop art. The combination will produce an exciting collection which will allow students to hide their fear with humour.
+ View all
PlacementMary Jones Design
- Stafford, United KingdomFreelance
I worked here for a short time, but in that time I learnt a great deal about what it was like to work in a studio with a creative fast paced team.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Digital Printing
- Silkscreen Printing
- Paper Collage
- Repeat Pattern
- Time Management