Yorkshire Creative/Illustrator, based in Hull Recently completed my Illustration Degree at Sheffield Hallam.
- Pet's that look like Their Owner's ZineI created a Zine playing on the concept of ‘Pets that Look like their Owners’. This was a fun, humorous Zine to create, particularly standing out to people that have Pet as they can relate to sharing personalities with their pets. I created this Zine using analogue materials, including watercolour, completed with a Risograph printed front cover. I also had this Zine stocked in Warren Record Store in Hull, available for sale.
- A Troll's Tale-Children's BookI created spreads for a Children’s Narrative ‘A Troll’s Tale’. This was a playful brief to work on as it gave me the freedom to interpret the Troll in my own way, as well as the Characters. In particular, I enjoyed experimenting and visualising how the village would look for the story.
- The Human-Canine BondThis was a Self-Negotiated Brief, based around Narratives of people that have lost their beloved Pets. For this project, I directly interviewed these people myself, to create personal mementos for each of their beloved Pets. I focused on three main parts to build up these mementos; the Dogs themselves & personalities they had, important parts of the narrative from their owners, and photographs of their Pets favourite places.
- Penguin Books-Student Design AwardMy entry for the Penguin Student Design Awards, Adult Non-Fiction Category. The selected book fort this brief was ‘A Short History of Nearly Everything’ by Bill Bryson. My inspiration for this cover came from the ‘Plot to Kill the King with a Poison Dart’; however, my interpretation of this came froma poison dart also being known as a Frog. During this process I took visits to The Deep in Hull for first hand Observations of Poisonous Frogs. This process helped me to create my outcome using t
- The Pollinator's Seed TrailThis is a project exploring the issue of Insect Extinction in Urban Habitats. To help with this issue, I focused on how Children can contribute to it. Therefore I created a Seed Trail, focusing on the pollinating insects in particular, and the plants that are needed for attracting each of them. I created an individual seed packet for each Pollinating Insects, including a fun fact for each of them on the reverse side. This is completed with hand sewn seed packets, that slide out of them, made f
Projects credited in
- Sheffield Hallam University, BA (Hons) IllustrationThis course blends traditional skills of illustration with new developments in the field, ranging from printmaking and children’s publishing through to virtual reality and animated illustration. Students are encouraged to: Experiment with a variety of techniques and materials. Master the essential traditional, new and technological skills for a successful career. Work with tutors who are practicing illustrators who bring to the course their experience and networks. Engage with a variety of illu14
Voluntary IllustratorGrimm & Co.
- Rotherham, United KingdomPart Time
Quickly Illustrating for Children, supporting School’s across the country and their creative writing skills. These Illustrations were then published into the Children’s Books, gave to the school’s as well as being available to buy within the Grimm & Co store.
- Adobe Illustrator
- Children Illustration
- Children’s Books
- Educational Design
- Graphic Design
- Graphic Art
- Hand Drawing
- Digital art
- Digital Artwork
- Adobe Indesign
- Lino Printing
- Risograph Printing
Bronze Hallam awardSheffield HallamAchieved the Bronze Hallam Award in recognition of going that 'extra mile' outside of my University studies, such as volunteering.
Silver Hallam AwardSheffield HallamAchieved the Silver Hallam Award in recognition of extra curricular work outside of University, such as being part of the SHSU Design & Illustration Society Committee, and volunteering.