✸ Manchester-based graphic designer specialising in food design for mental health, sustainability and community. ✸ Freelance content writing for food and design. ✸ Founder, editor and designer of FILLER, a self-published food and mental health magazine, now on its fifth issue. ✸ Currently studying MA in Graphic Design and Art Direction at Manchester School of Art.
- Eat with your EyesEat With Your Eyes is a mindful food zine kit providing everything you need to create a hand-bound book to document stories, memories and experiences with your food –– encouraging us to engage more mindfully with what and how we eat. The kits are housed in a string and washer envelope and contain enough recycled cartridge paper for a 16 page zine, heavyweight coloured cover paper, linen thread hand-dyed with onion skins, a bookbinding needle, binding instructions and a prompt sheet for docume
- SALT OF THE EARTHCollaborative zine project launched to raise funds for Trussell Trust food banks during the COVID-19 pandemic. In March 2020 an open call was put out across social media asking for artistic and written submissions based around the theme of "food and care" - four days later I had a 24-page zine full of work from 15 contributors, including low-cost recipes, poetry and prose, illustration and design. The second volume of SALT OF THE EARTH was released a month later, with 14 new contributions.
- Recipe for DisasterAn ongoing research and design project broadening my knowledge of food science and food design, investigating and asking, what will the future of food look like? A series of prints advertising possible future food concepts, influenced by nostalgic mid-century recipes and designs, informing the public of the new trends brought forward by the (fictional) National Food and Health Service. All designed to be risograph printed.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- ISSUE 02 | H***TH & W***NESSIssue 02 asked artists and writers to respond to the theme of "h***th & w***ness", satirising the growing trends around "clean eating", mindfulness and the commodification of wellness. Design and art direction by Holly Eliza Temple. 58 page A5 zine digitally printed on recycled paper, including work from 7 contributors, and featuring an exclusive interview with Laura Dennison of Not Plant Based.
- ISSUE 03 | THE EARTH ISSUEFILLER issue 03 explored the concept of "eco-anxiety", asking creatives passionate about sustainability, natural resources and our relationship to our planet to submit their work. Design and art direction by Holly Eliza Temple. 52 page A5 zine digitally printed on recycled paper, featuring work from 13 contributors.
New York, United StatesFreelance
+ Show more
- Visual Communication
- Trend Analysis
- Art Direction
- Print Publications
- Social Media
- Food Styling
- Still Life
- Print Design
+ Show more