Graphic designer and avid researcher with a special interest in trends, art direction and publishing. Currently studying part-time for my MA in Graphic Design and Art Direction at Manchester School of Art, where my practice is focusing on design for food and health with a view to working with the public with interactive works and events. Also working on self-directed project FILLER zine, a trend-focused publication encouraging discussion around lifestyle and food trends in relation to our mental health and wellbeing.
- SALT OF THE EARTHCollaborative zine project launched to raise funds for Trussell Trust food banks during the COVID-19 pandemic. In March 2020 an open call was put out across social media asking for artistic and written submissions based around the theme of "food and care" - four days later I had a 24-page zine full of work from 15 contributors, including low-cost recipes, poetry and prose, illustration and design. The second volume of SALT OF THE EARTH was released a month later, with 14 new contributions.
- Recipe for DisasterAn ongoing research and design project broadening my knowledge of food science and food design, investigating and asking, what will the future of food look like? A series of prints advertising possible future food concepts, influenced by nostalgic mid-century recipes and designs, informing the public of the new trends brought forward by the (fictional) National Food and Health Service. All designed to be risograph printed.
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- ISSUE 02 | H***TH & W***NESSIssue 02 asked artists and writers to respond to the theme of "h***th & w***ness", satirising the growing trends around "clean eating", mindfulness and the commodification of wellness. Design and art direction by Holly Eliza Temple. 58 page A5 zine digitally printed on recycled paper, including work from 7 contributors, and featuring an exclusive interview with Laura Dennison of Not Plant Based.
- ISSUE 03 | THE EARTH ISSUEFILLER issue 03 explored the concept of "eco-anxiety", asking creatives passionate about sustainability, natural resources and our relationship to our planet to submit their work. Design and art direction by Holly Eliza Temple. 52 page A5 zine digitally printed on recycled paper, featuring work from 13 contributors.
- ISSUE 01 | COMFORTFILLER issue 01 was themed around the word "comfort", in response to the growing trend in self-care. Call-out for submissions encouraged writers and artists to unpick their relation to the word, their experiences, feelings and its connotations. Design and art direction by Holly Eliza Temple. 48 digitally printed broadsheet pages, featuring work from 13 contributors.1
Freelance WriterCulture Calling
London, United KingdomFreelance
Creative AssistantHi Cacti
- Brighton, United KingdomFreelance
Work included designing and creating new promotional material for HI CACTI including information cards, product/still life shoots, visual merchandising, and helping with organising and sending out orders.
+ Show more
- Visual Communication
- Trend Analysis
- Art Direction
- Print Publications
- Social Media
- Food Styling
- Still Life
- Print Design
+ Show more