www.imogenclowes.co.uk I'm a playful pragmatist. Always striving to understand more deeply and expand my knowledge. As a designer and illustrator, I have worked on a variety of different areas including branding, packaging, digital design, campaign, print, and more. My particular interest lies in brand identity. Starting with brand strategy enables me to fully understand a business and their goals in order to create solutions that both parties are proud of. I have a comprehensive knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Adobe XD. I have a working knowledge of After Effects.
- Web DesignA family-run bed and breakfast, Clapton Manor, in the heart of the Cotswolds was in urgent need of a new website. The owners enlisted my expertise to totally recreate a fully responsive, user friendly site. We began with workshops, research, UX work and wireframes. The UI design and branding was then applied to the wireframes. Within the first month of launching the new website, bookings were up 35% and have continued to increase.
- Brand and packaging designThis project was an in-depth rebranding of Pimento Hill, a jam and condiment company. I also designed packaging for their wide range of products. I felt the company’s Jamaican heritage was key to communicating what the brand stood for. I really wanted to use this history in an authentic way, avoiding any clichés. The name helped start the process. Pimento Hill is where the founder grew up and Pimento berries are also a key ingredient in jerk seasoning. The initial inspiration came from a
- Print design and illustrationMy former boss approached me to come up with a design for a short piece he’d written about the menopause for Rejuvage, an anti-aging organisation. A slightly daunting task! The content was deeply personal, hilarious as well as informative and serious. I had a loose set of brand guidelines to work with. I decided a simple, light set of illustrations would complement the content and hint at the light-hearted tone. The theme of contrast runs throughout the piece, from the cover to the colour pal
- App and website designThe brief was to develop a music app that targeted at a very specific audience: professionals in their mid-20s with little time on their hands, who like to listen to BBC Radio 1. This app specialises in recommending music which suits its users’ tastes. Vibe finds out the necessary information by linking with their Spotify and Facebook accounts. This was a personal project, the aim being to familiarise myself with UI and UX design, as well as using the website InVision to bring the app to life.
- BrandThe brief was to design a logo and branding for a small business. The Cog & Sprocket is a friendly independent bike shop aiming to spark the local community’s interest in cycling, whether through commuting to work, racing or as a means to spend more time with the family. The task was to create an identity that was appealing to a broad demographic without looking like the large chain cycling stores. The solution was to draw on cycling’s heritage while giving a nod to British pub culture which pr
- HandmadeThis is an identity for the Apollo Theatre’s production of Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. The challenge was to create an original, thought provoking response which was also professionally executed. The graphic language is inspired by what is swirling around in the main character (Christopher’s) mind. The initial brief for this student project was to create something to photograph as a starting place from which to design a book cover or poster.
+ Show more
- Print Design
- Mixed Media
- Pen Ink
- Logo Design