I am a penultimate year International Business, Finance and Economics student at the University of Manchester. I have a strong academic background but I am very interested in working in the creative industry.
• Qrate is an online start-up shopping platform for clothing brands. • My job consists of using social media as a platform to promote and market various brands represented by QRATE.
• Promoted XII Glover through Instagram and Twitter increasing their following by 100% within the first month. • Creating Quality content on social media that directly interests potential and already existing customers. • Communicating and engaging with customers through social media, answering questions and providing further information.
• Street Souk is an urban streetwear pop up event in Lagos, Nigeria providing a platform for upcoming streetwear brands to showcase their collections. The aim is to empower the new generation. • Street Souk also serves as a hub for young creatives including DJ’s, musicians and visual artist to connect, get inspired and network. • Created multiple proposals for potential investors and sponsors. Street Souk is now proudly sponsored by the biggest bank in Africa First Bank as well as the top events company in the country Eventful Limited. • Over 2,000 people in attendance and made a profit of over 1 million naira
• Creating brand awareness and promoting the magazine. • In charge of the ticket sales team. • Successfully promoted the Nativeland concert in December using social media. • Assisted the Native team with their collaboration with Nike and Homecoming for an event in Nigeria. • Planned the Nativeland Festival in December 2018, assisting on stage management and artist set times.
• I shadowed a mentor on the trading floor and learnt about key concepts such as liquidity. • Deeper insight into the workings of the capital markets. • Learnt how to operate a Bloomberg terminal to carry out trades. • Exposure to various factors that cause movements in stock market and witnessing first-hand the volatility of the Nigerian Stock Exchange.