Freelance Graphic Designer, Photographer and Art Director based in London and Manchester. Founder of FlipSide; a non profit organisation tackling important issues such as diversity in the design industry. [First Class] BA Honours Graphic Design at Manchester School of Art [Distinction] Art and Design foundation at Central Saint Martins I'm passionate about fashion but more importantly about creating thoughtful work and concepts that provoke positive change in the creative and design industry. Please check out my website below for more projects :)
- FLIPSIDEA virtual degree show - I won the initial pitch to do the branding and promotional design for the 2020 Graphic Design degree show at Manchester School of Art. My concept for FlipSide came from a personal experience of not feeling represented in the design industry, after I had noticed the lack of diversity in studio teams when they came to visit. I wanted to use my degree show as a platform to not only celebrate our third years but also to tackle important issues in the industry such as diversi
- Topshop/ Topman Christmas ConfessionsLighting up the fact that most christmasses don’t always go to plan. Things go wrong but it is okay and hopefully we can look back and laugh about it. Using light humour to entice the audience through the idea of expectation vs reality, my Christmas campaign aims to unveil all the relatable and quirky festive happenings.
- 1xBlueThese shoots aims to shift the perception of women’s football, a sport that is widely seen as a “man’s sport”. I want to exhibit the fluidity of feminity; playing women’s football does not reduce one’s sense of being a woman. You can do both. Creative direction and photograhy: Jada Giwa Garments: Lois Saunders Styling: Jasmine Bonsu-Hefford Model: Emily Wye
- DiscardedA project celebrating the Slow Movement. I chose to celebrate slow photography. Often, as designers and artists, we find ourselves generating so much waste throughout the process of our creations and designs. Using only the photographs, materials and objects that one would usually discard and throw away, I hope to encourage creatives to push sustainable photography whilst also celebrating the beauty in making creative errors. *These are a few examples of my spreads from my broadsheet final outc
- ConnectConnect is an educational organisation focussing on events based around the UK. By inspiring a sense of mission we aim to educate children about the positive affects of altruism on others and themselves. Believing that children can make a bigger impact if they connect. We have devised a series of bespoke workshop and programmes that tackle issues or stumbling blocks in kids lives. Providing a pick & mix selection of workshops related to the themes that will form a highly engaging and enjoyable
- LashanA project aimed to offer a more nuanced perception of black masculinity. Photography has the power to subvert stereotypes and misconceptions of particular groups or people. I wanted to subvert the toxic western narrative and historic depictions of black manhood that seek to criminalise and exploit them. Inspired by the Black Cowboys in the American West, I hope to express more sensitivity and vulnerability of black men. Photography and styling by Jada Giwa Art Direction by Lydia Jones Parry
- Manchester, United KingdomFreelance
I was commissioned by FutureEverything to create the a brand 'look and feel' for the exciting arts and culture programme for young people (aged 13-19) in Greater Manchester. I was the lead designer in creating a brand pack of design assets to inspire young people to get involved. The programme 'this place [of mine]', is a social action project exploring the future of the high street, using digital art, culture and creativity to express their visions and influence change.
- London, United KingdomFreelance
Working closely with the creative director, I was asked twice to shoot for Season Zine upcoming issue 08. The magazine is a cross between a football zine and fashion magazine and is community that empowers women who love the sport and its culture. As well as behind the camera I experimented with layout and editorial design for the feature and took part in casting and interviewing the cast whilst shooting.
+ Show more
- Graphic Design
- Adobe Suite
- Creative Direction
- 35mm Film Photography
+ Show more