I am a driven writer and blogger seeking to work as a content creator within an excellent media brand. I have interned at YCN, The Independent, Dazed Digital, The Debrief, and 1883 Media and was Deputy Features Editor for the Warwick Boar. I also have a successful personal travel blog, www.travellr.co.
• Worked alongside the Editor and Creative Director to develop and create original content • Contributed to the creation of a distinct brand voice and identity • Sub-edited articles prior to publication for accuracy and quality • Conducted, transcribed and edited interviews • Stayed up to date with trending topics and talk points • Initiated and maintained relationships with personalities, brands and PRs • Created and scheduled the weekly newsletter • Designed and created visual assets for editorial features and social media
• Produced 2/3 online articles a day. • Provided written summaries of YCN member events. • Conducted interviews with CEOs of some of 2016’s most celebrated UK start-ups. • Transcribed videos for translation for clients such as Adidas. • Communicated with and supported the Research, Events & Membership teams. • Contributed to the launch of ZX.YCN.
• Pitched and created online content for Dazed’s audience. • Transcribed interviews to tight deadlines. • Conducted in-depth research for Editors. • Uploaded and formatted articles via the CMS on daily basis. • Sourced images for Dazed’s online galleries using various search engines.
• Produced written content for the News, Features, Fashion and IndyBest sections. • Created an article that amassed 7,000 social media shares in under 24 hours. • Fact-checked articles before they were published. • Sourced last-minute interviewees for News case studies. • Called in products from brands such as Nikon and Canon.
• Contributed to daily conference meetings. • Pitched and created online content for an audience of women aged 18-35. • Conducted and transcribed interviews with talent such as Bompass & Parr. • Uploaded articles to the CMS on a daily basis. • Communicated with brands and PRs to call in products for editorial features. • Contributed to the production of the editorial forward planner.
With a year abroad studying BA Journalism at the University of Hong Kong.