If writing's your name, I'm your game... wait. I can pitch and write pieces that will make you drop your biscuit mid-dunk. I can create killer tone of voice documents for brands that your competitors will try to steal. I can strategise for social media, create or brief designers on assets, run community management and write winning captions that'll have them rolling in the digital aisles. I can say the alphabet backwards. Usually.
- Don't Text When DrunkA visual poem created for the inaugural print edition of feminist magazine SYRUP. Lizzie Blair wrote for the Feminist Library: "My personal favourite entry overall, however, is Jenny Novitzky’s clever, pithy take on the modern tendency to engage in inadvisable drunken texting. The contrast between this phenomenon and a darker yet similarly familiar one – that of a lonely, melancholic submissiveness – is simultaneously comical and deflating."
- Marion Cotillard on why the new Assassin's Creed film isn't just for boysAn interview with Marion Cotillard for Elle UK. Excerpt: 'Marion Cotillard is pleasantly surprised when I tell her I have in fact played Assassin's Creed (very badly, it should be noted), the video game upon which her latest film, which goes by the same name, is based. Far more men buy the game than women and although its publisher claims a higher percentage of women play it, it is still largely perceived as a boys' game.'
- Am I supposed to be naked?A commissioned piece on communal bathing for Flash Pack. Excerpt: 'It takes a certain kind of bravery to swing open the door of your changing room cubicle completely starkers. This bravery must become foolhardiness when you’re in a country where you don’t speak the language, can’t understand the signs and have the ominous feeling that what you’re about to do could be so culturally insensitive that you’ll be arrested. So it was for me in Japan. “You should go to a sento,” said my friend, a Tok
- Withnail with Girls – Girls on TopsA piece I pitched and wrote for feminist film site Girls on Tops on female hedonism in cinema, analysing Sophie Hyde's 'Animals'. An excerpt: “Baby, I’ve got work at seven tomorrow every day for the rest of my life, serving mochafuckingchickenlattes to people counting off the days in little coffee stamps. What gives? Only the fact that there are nights in between…” Every generation needs a film about getting fucked up. Withnail & I (1987), Trainspotting (1996) The Hangover (2009). Each of th
Digital creatorLOVE Productions
London, United KingdomFreelance
Creating social and digital content for Love Productions' flagship show The Great British Bake Off. Notably, for GBBO's Instagram account which has 347K followers and writing all content for the new GBBO App. I started The Great British Sewing Bee's Instagram account from scratch, and by the end of the series we had grown to 16.7K followers.
London, United KingdomFreelance
Work includes: Strategising blog content, interviewing people and writing regular long form content for interior design company The Pink House. Creating TOV guidelines and writing blog articles for Emma Pake luxury swimwear. SEO articles for eBay Australia.
+ Show more
- Creative Agency
- Business Development
- Social Media Marketing
- Web Content
- Popular Culture
1st Class BA Hons Drama and Theatre StudiesThe University of Manchester
- Manchester, United Kingdom
I studied both theatre and film, with practical and theoretical modules. My dissertation received a grade of 81%. While at university, I also acted as Social Secretary for the Drama Society, creating events such as welcome week, a winter party, an awards ceremony, a ball and a trip to Berlin.