Hello there! I am Jess. I have an Architecture degree from Cambridge University and a Post Graduate Diploma in Musical Theatre. But this is an event planner’s portfolio I hear you say? How does that work? In 2017 I got married. I LOVED conceptualising, designing, planning and producing our Midsummer Night’s Dream/Woodland inspired wedding. Having pursued acting professionally for a few years whilst supporting myself by working within various administration departments at a private hospital, the wedding was a much welcomed creative opportunity to sink my teeth into. It was the culmination of my architecture/design skills, knowledge of the performing arts and organisational and logistical skills gained from working on a busy hospital ward with high stakes. My passion for events was born. Since then I have delivered a wonderful array of events from large scale projects such as a botanical, science, exploration themed Christmas party and a large scale, high production value, community pantomime to smaller more intimate private affairs such as sweetie inspired 30th birthday party. What can I bring to your event? I always go above and beyond the call of duty with any task I am presented. It is a work ethic that has been instilled in me from a young age; I will always strive to achieve the absolute best I can and exceed expectations. I have the eyes of a hawk! I really do notice and ‘get my kicks’ in the details. It could be adding a creative flourish to consolidate a theme or to further communicate a message or getting to the root of a logistical problem such as streamlining administration processes to be more self sufficient or to ensure the smooth running of an event. Creativity and bundles of it! I was asked to describe my creativity recently. I would say it comes in a variety of forms (music, drama, art etc) and seems to be constantly simmering, waiting to bubble over when the next creative brief comes my way. I can communicate effectively. My eclectic experiences have allowed me to interact with a varied demographic from all walks of life. I have presented to the height of the academic and architectural worlds, delivered high levels of customer service to predominantly senior patients in a private hospital and volunteered at various youth initiatives. As an actress I have been thrown into many weird and wonderful scenarios and I am very comfortable and confident presenting/public speaking. I am always on the look out for my next creative brief. If you are looking to put on an event, please do get in touch. I look forward to hearing all about it and conjuring up a creative solution that works best for you. Jess
- A Midsummer Night's Dream (Woodland) WeddingThe overarching theme for the wedding was a Midsummer Night's Dream. By consolidating a colour scheme of dark green, ivory, gold and black; using natural textures; and adopting elements of the popular botanical style, we created a magical woodland realm. “Jessica has a natural flair for the creative, combined with a fierce determination to ensure that only the very best event is produced on the day. She leaves nothing to chance, every detail of the wedding had been planned meticulously, from t
Event PlannerSelf Employed
Botanical Christmas Ball : Oct 2019 - Nov 2019 • Produced a sold out event and gathered a team of volunteers within 5 weeks. • Created stationary suite including flyers and a botanical inspired cocktail menu with exploration inspired names. • Special Touch : Hot Air Balloon Installation. Soul Survivor Watford Panto : Sep 2018 - Dec 2018 • Spearheaded entire 3 month project from concept to completion, recruiting and coordinating a cast and crew of over 80 volunteers, resulting in a very successful engagement of over 600 members of the community on a budget of £3k. 30 Never Looked So Sweet Birthday Party : May 2018 • Designed event and orchestrated the event set up, ensuring precision and smooth delivery. • Special Touch : Handmade personalised Love Heart drinks tags and oversized sweet installations. “Jess was an absolute joy to work with! Full of creative ideas, listened to and then ran with the brief within the limitations of the budget. Nothing was too much trouble and her efforts far surpassed anything I could have achieved without her.” - EH
- Captured agents’ and casting directors’ attention by implementing individual campaigns on Mailchimp, to stand out in an overcrowded industry. Resulted in multiple open rate and invaluable phone call. - Optimised social media platforms, securing an audition via Twitter and free headshots on Facebook. Please visit my Spotlight Profile: www.spotlight.com/4615-9083-7698 for more info.
+ Show more
- Adobe Photoshop
- Film Acting
- Event Design
- Event Concept
- Event Planning
Musical TheatreMountview Academy of Theatre Arts
- London, United Kingdom
- Won an internal voice audition. Very comfortable delivering speeches and sight reading .
ArchitectureUniversity of Cambridge
- Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Produced events marketing material for College Entertainment Society on a weekly basis. - Motivated and co-ordinated a team of six (all with their own large workloads) to deliver and produce the winning pitch and proposal in a competition to design a flood resistant school in Zambia. Our winning proposal was given to Unicef to be considered for implementation.