I am a freelance creative working across the mediums of words, film photography, and creative direction. Drawn towards a certain rawness and character, my visual work mainly evolves around the use of film photography, often using the medium of fashion to capture the various idiosyncrasies inherent in each of our individual identities, engaging with provocative narratives to question societal expectations. My personal, narrative driven visual work tends to focus on human identity and our inherent relationship with the immediate grounds that we stand on, how we differ and relate, and the dualities that uncover themselves in our many facets of life. My work with words expands across creative writing, poetry, and journalism. I have recently published two articles with independent fashion publications, and expect to publish a book of poetry in the coming years. I have just recently completed my BA (Hons) degree in Fashion Styling and Creative Direction from Istituto Marangoni London, and continue to work on freelance personal projects.
- Les Ombres : an experimental short fashion filmLes Ombres (translated to 'the shadows') exists as an abstracted narrative exploring the complexities of identity. Looking at the inherent duality of humanity, it considers the notion of feeling like an outsider in one’s own body; the journey that we embark on to find ourselves, and which versions we might meet along the way. From the light to the dark, Les Ombres looks at aesthetic notes of colour, shape, light and shadow to embark on an evocative journey of self-discovery.
- All Surrendered: In Conversation with Fenn O'MeallyFor PETRIE Inventory's December online issue which explored the notion of intensity as feature of contemporary life, I interviewed filmmaker and journalist Fenn O'Meally, exploring the intensity of her various roles and how they all might come together in her creative practice to present her own unique narrative.
- Truth and Masculinity: In Conversation with Iggy LDNFor PETRIE's March 2018 online issue themed 'Invisible Privilage,' I interviewed London-based filmmaker Iggy LDN about his work, particularly focusing on his tendencies towards the deconstruction of black masculinity. Also published here are two images that I photographed, directed and styled of Iggy.
- The All-Prevailing Mother English: PETRIE 69 Extinction- Print IssueFor the PETRIE Inventory Magazine Extinction issue, I was asked to contribute a piece regarding both language and the subject of extinction. Here, I presented an article featuring the topic of globalisation of the English language, and its potential effects to cultural diversity.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Lucky DipWWW.LUCKYDIPSTUDIO.COM Creativity can thrive in times of crisis, so roll the dice! A collaborative project between the MA Fashion Image and Graduate Diploma Fashion courses at Central Saint Martins in London, where work was created virtually over the course of a month during lock- down. The title Lucky Dip reflects the spontaneity of the Grad Dip. students, with the logo and colour scheme formed with this in mind. On site one can browse individual contributors and read about each individual p
- Fashion Photography
- Adobe Indesign
- Film Photography
- Creative Direction
- Ceative Writing