- Created CAD drawings for final range plan to be presented to buyers in New York. - 2D and 3D Design development of key pieces in collection including leather jacket and silk garments. - Range colour development using only natural dyes and materials. - Consulted on lookbook concept and contributed research.
- Design development of latest collection from 2D drawing through to experimental 3D work. - Creating original in-house textiles and applications. - Created CAD drawings of previous collection to be presented for personal orders. - Garment ideas and print design for special clients inc FKA Twigs.
- Created 2D design, which is realised using extensive adobe illustrator experience, also used to create garment specification drawings and technical packs to be sent to factories for final 3D production. - Development and design of an outfit that takes into account culture, nationality and gender, whilst still having style and performance qualities and works with established women’s supernova range. - Designed young urban runner range Men’s Aktiv SS16. A casual everyday collection that is performance ready, which I contributed print and fabric application ideas as well as silhouette design. Working in conjunction with the womenswear designer to create a cohesive range. - Presenting my design work and research to the entire running apparel business unit (inc marketing, development). - Created new print and placement for adidas’ customizable team range mi team. A cost efficient sublimated design that still has an iconic classic athlete adidas look. • Considered product on a global level through colour, climate and popularity to make it commercially viable. • Initiated a performance-wear as streetwear project with footwear designer, to create a new range that would meet the current demand. Gave PowerPoint Presentation to Running BU explaining entire strategy.
- Construction of special edition products, both machine and hand sewn such as the towel clutch, winter scarf necklace and laptop tote bag. - Experienced how a small and niche brand operates successfully and about their unique design processes. This taught me a new way of thinking about fashion as object/art/product design and helped me think about my own design processes. - Created hand rendered initial designs for future look book.
- Assisted back stage at London Collections Men, for which I set up showroom display, helped dress and arrange the set, whilst keeping to a tight schedule. - Researched imagery for new season and joined creative discussions within the professional design team. - Assisted with creative pattern cutting and screen-printing imagery on garments. - Liaised with factories and stockists such as Browns London regularly.
BA Menswear Degree