WWW.JOANNABIRDDESIGN.COM I am an Art Director and Multidisciplinary Graphic Designer with a meticulous eye for detail. I have worked as a designer in London for the last eight years, starting in a small agency of five people, and now working with a larger team of fifty in a renowned publishing house. I’ve worked my way up from Intern and Junior Designer, to Art Director, now taking a leadership position in creative teams. I’ve collaborated with a range of high-end clients and titles from The Times and Sunday Times, to IBM, Knight Frank, MSCI and KPMG across editorial design, advertising, infographics and illustration among many more. I use a unique and adaptable design style to solve the creative challenges presented by even the most unusual brief. I work with a flexible approach as part of a larger team and place a high value on collaboration, growth and mentoring. I believe in helping clients to develop timeless and memorable design solutions that hone their competitive edge across both print and digital mediums.
- MSCI - Real Estate Market Size ReportI worked with Raconteur and MSCI to create their 2019 Real Estate Market Size Report. The main purpose of the report is to act as a guide to help investors make informed decisions and to look at the investment landscape from different angles. MSCI wanted to create something that stood out in an environment of dull white papers and showcased their data and insights in an engaging way.
- Raconteur - Careers WebsiteI worked with Raconteur to create a bespoke website to house their career opportunities. Raconteur wanted an approachable and breezy look and feel which captured the energy and vibrancy of their team and work space. We focused on crafting the content together so that it was easily digestible in a simple layout, and added bespoke spot illustrations to lend personality to the site.
- Ius Laboris - The WordI had the pleasure of working with global law firm Ius Laboris on their beautiful annual report “The Word”. Working in partnership with Raconteur, we were able to add vibrancy to stories on the changing world of HR law through dynamic editorial design, data visualisation and illustration. The publication also created a springboard for a smaller spin-off publication; The Byword, which is published three times a year. FINALIST - THE DRUM DESIGN AWARDS 2019 - PRINT DESIGN CATEGORY
- One Seymour Street - Real Estate BrandingI worked with Surgery&Redcow to art direct and develop the new brand for One Seymour Street, a suite of contemporary apartments in the heart of London's Marylebone. The scope of work included branding and logo design, a beautiful print brochure, bespoke lifestyle film and collection of photography, a fully responsive website, social media assets, marketing suite, and street hoardings.
- CantoCourt - Integrated Marketing CampaignI worked with Surgery&Redcow along with the marketing team at Canto Court, to put together a vibrant new print and digital campaign. The campaign presented a range of incentives encouraging current student tenants to rebook for the next year. The visuals needed to be bright and engaging with strong and intriguing messaging. Alongside the print campaign, complimentary graphics were rolled out across web and social media. WINNER AT THE PROPERTY MARKETING AWARDS 2017 - BEST MARKETING CAMPAIGN:
- Schroders Global Investor Study 2018 - Integrated Marketing CampaignFor the second year running, I was asked with Raconteur to create interactive and static infographics, reports, video and social assets for Schroder's Global Investor Study 2018. The international study is a corner-stone in Schroders global marketing strategy and is translated into over 16 languages across the world. Now in its third year of production, the project represents years of successful collaboration with Schroders and countless visual assets. The client also decided to work the illust
Projects credited in
- Digital Marketing CampaignProject Overview An intergearted digital re-booking campaign for Canto Court – a prime student accommodation building in Central London – was targeted at existing residents and was pivotal in securing substantial revenue in just 5 weeks, representing 0.6% of revenue to spend ratio. A collaborative approach with both the client and student base ensured a campaign of substance, style and great success.
Art DirectorRaconteur Media
London, United KingdomFull Time
Reporting to the Head of Design, I am responsible for line managing a team of four mid-weight designers and illustrators across a range of projects. I also provide art direction and guidance for the full team of 9 mid-weight and senior designers. Other duties include: - Acting as brand guardian for Raconteur's internal and external productions - Commissioning and art directing illustrators, including the development of project briefs - Mentoring the design team - Assisting with interviewing and hiring for new roles - Line management including conducting performance reviews and one-to-ones - Executing design concepts across any necessary platform across both print and digital platforms - Presenting design solutions to both internal and external stakeholders and leading design discussions - Print production including artworking and signing off proofs
Senior Graphic DesignerRaconteur Media
- London, United KingdomFull Time
Reporting to the Head of Design, I was responsible for leading and directing a team of designers across a range of projects. My role included: - Acting as brand guardian for our Custom Publishing, Digital and Marketing divisions - Directing a team of 6 designers and illustrators across various experience levels - Providing art direction for the marketing team across various campaigns, content, and guides - Commissioning and art directing illustrators and photographers - Mentoring the junior members of the design team - Assisting with interviewing and hiring for new roles - Liaising with account managers to track and assess project budgets and hours - Executing design concepts across any necessary platform, including digital and social - Print production and management - Speaking and advocating for the value of design at Raconteur events - Liaising with both internal and external stakeholders and presenting design solutions - Building a strong understanding of the creative content market, particularly across B2B brands and various business sectors.
+ Show more
- Web Design
- Data Visualisation
- Infographic Design
- Editorial Design
- Art Direction
- Digital Design
+ Show more