Joe Amos. Freelance Video Editor. BA(Hons) Film and Drama from University of Manchester. Professionally certified in Final Cut 7 & X. Extremely proficient in Motion, Logic Pro X, Adobe Premiere and After Effects/ Experience with Avid, Davinci Resolve & Photoshop. Worked on content ranging from short social media stings to feature documentaries.Locked Pro Plan feature
- Integral part of the production team editing all videos and creating graphics for ‘This Weeks News’, Guest Intros, and ‘Big Issue’ devices. - Liaised with Russell Howard and writing team to plan/storyboard comedic devices advocating continuous feedback between the whole team. - Worked closely with director, script supervisor & EVS in BBC Studioworks to deliver assets on time for rehearsal and studio recording. - Ran ‘Dry Run’ rehearsals with RH, operated Q-Lab to play-out clips and GFX live on stage.
- Editing a range of videos from 360° social videos to long-form YouTube videos for clients such as EE, BT, NBA, Sky, Sipsmith, Vivienne Westwood and more. - Overseeing all post production in a bustling and busy video agency, creating schedules, hiring additional resource, and liaising with clients - On-site and offline editor for Many Makers’ first TV commercial for pet charity PDSA. After collaborating with the client on multiple edit days, took ownership of processing the commercial through ClearCast & Honeycomb ready for broadcast.
- Creating all video and graphic content for use on 3 major UK networks web and social media presence. - Lighting, shooting, editing longer form behind the scenes footage as well as interview reels with cast and crew of high priority Channel 5 shows. - Creating on-air promos for hit shows such as Powers on SpikeTV, and liaising with Creative team to oversee voiceover dub and grading with Autodesk Smoke - Pioneering use of new aesthetics for social media, such as Parallax GIFs & Cinemagraph to align social media strategy with genre of specific shows.
- Shooting and editing separate weekly episodic “chat shows” in both a studio setting and outdoors for UK, France and Germany. - Organised, shot, ingested and edited 3 day live event w/ 4 cameras being fed to side screens, creating multiple promos for email syndication and YouTube. - Creating multiple social media short videos incorporating relevant copy with After Effects graphics. - Collaborating with in-house Graphic Designers to create GFX in Illustrator, After Effects and Motion.
- Edit pre-roll marketing materials, both in 16:9, 1x1 and Instagram Stories for 7/8 record labels under the PIAS Co-Operative - Full edit and grade of documentary The Safe House: A Decline of Ideas, released in cinemas around the UK and available on Curzon Home Cinema - Contracted to film, edit, key and deliver financial analysts predictions for UBS Bank’s internal communication platform for a quarter - On-site Video Editor at Leefest for two consecutive years, ingesting all footage in different formats and creating multiple online promos and narrative based film shot on RED Dragon - Collecting and editing footage for music videos, online cookery shows and university promos all within a short timeframe and deadlines - Ingesting and organising video footage for a BAFTA winning director in FCPX
- Educating clients on a wide range of topics from basic Mac OSX to professional video editing with Final Cut Pro. - Catering teaching style to clients' different learning styles - Acted as editing advisor to videographer clients, offering support and advice in technical guidance and filmic pacing. - Teaching clients in both a one to one and group environments - Became senior in-house video editor, creating promotional materials for Apple HQ in Cupertino. - Became an invaluable resource for other staff and management alike, offering expertise in Mac Pro Apps and in house processes.