I am a hardworking, conscientious and determined Music/Media and Popular Culture graduate who has developed a wide range of marketing skills through a variety of roles. I have a creative and adaptable approach to my work and have experience of implementing marketing strategies to engage with a wide range of audiences in areas such as higher education, events and music. My work is driven by current cultural and social trends. I have experience of establishing and developing relationships with a wide range of people in a variety of industries. I am keen to further develop and broaden my existing skills to enable me to become a well-rounded marketing professional.
(Temporary contract) Provide support in the delivery of institution-wide marketing activities in order to meet recruitment targets • Assist in the review, development and implementation of marketing planning • Develop an understanding of DMU’s target markets and how to effectively engage with prospective students within them • Work closely with other colleagues to assist in the delivery of consistent and high impact campaigns • Implement and monitor promotional activity, such as digital advertising and social media campaigns • Implement detailed and effective CRM-led conversion plans and work closely with marketing colleagues teams to align conversion activities • Produce engaging and relevant marketing collateral • Follow all agreed department policies and processes
• The creation and implementation of a full 360-degree marketing strategy including: coordinating events, managing social media, advertising, updating the website and attending exhibitions. • Raising awareness of the business across the UK and EU. • The promotion of courses available and maximising student recruitment with a focus on 2017/18 degree admissions. • To build and maintain relationships with prospective applicants from initial enquiry stage through to successful enrolment. • The management of degree applications through the University admissions system. • Updating the website through content management platform including creating blog posts, updating information in line with the marketing strategy. • Social Media Management including creating engaging and exciting content for the business’s social media platform: posts, imagery, scheduling content, videos and promotion of events. • To identify and explore new marketing opportunities. • To implement the Exhibition Strategy including attendance at UCAS Fairs, school and college career fairs. • Copywriting for promotional materials and implementing a full PR strategy. • The creation of artwork using Photoshop (Leaflets, Online Adverts, Flyers, Posters). • Developing partnerships with relevant organisations and establishing links. • CRM Management – managing the CRM system to gather statistics related to student enquiries, create email campaigns based on reports and ensuring that information is accurate.
• Attending numerous gigs, concerts and events to find prospective new artists and tracks for signing. • Presenting my findings to management teams before initiating contact and building strong relationships with artists. • Supporting the long-term management and development of artists in collaboration with colleagues. • Keeping abreast of music trends by attending events but also by undertaking extensive searches on blogs, relevant websites and across social media to establish and investigate new crazes and movements. • Performing critical marketing functions including creating and managing engaging and relevant social media content, writing press releases and assisting with the development of marketing releases.
• Finding new tracks and UK based artists that the label could potentially release. • Present tracks and artists for consideration on a weekly basis. • Regular liaison with the A&R manager for Ultra Europe; obtaining feedback on the tracks and artists that I present. • Spotting trends through daily searches of blogs, websites and social media.
• Researched and sourced potential international artists; working closely with the performers and their representatives to ensure the formulation of mutually beneficial terms and contracts. • Utilised strong technical and administrative skills to accurately upload and market new release music onto well recognised digital websites, in addition to continually searching for ways to improve content delivery. • Produced accompanying artwork for uploaded music, in addition to ensuring the accurate marketing of the track through the creation and upload of updated web content and promotional material. • Attended a number of industry conferences and events including MIDEM to represent and publicise artists and in the process building up a strong base of influential contacts across journalists, reviewers, marketers, PR etc. • Sourced and developed both existing and upcoming talented artists with responsibility for negotiating contracts and distribution agreements with promoters, managers and agents. • I have led a broad spectrum of traditional and digital marketing activities including writing and securing publications for topical industry articles, creating informative press releases and reviews, managing website content and successfully expanded the profile of the organisation across a number of social media platforms. • I have organised a number of successful and well-attended music events including: sourcing relevant artists, managing venue negotiations and logistics, promoting and coordinating events.
• Developing and delivering engaging musical sessions to a wide range of young people within schools, pupil referral units and community centres. • Encouraging the participation of young people and the development of individual music abilities. • Effectively evaluating and reporting progress on a regular basis with a focus on key achievements, to ensure all students were able to realise their skills and meet their individual goals.
BA Hons Music & Media and Popular Culture (Joint Honours)