- Briz de MarBriz de Mar is the third in a series of multi-sensory comic book experiments, sold as a 12- page riso-printed booklet, with a soundtrack pressed to clear 7" vinyl. The project is the result of an investigation into the pacing of sequential art, which has an inherent musical and rhythmic nature. The artists wanted to create abstract comics with musical accompaniments in order to bridge the gap between the two mediums. The soundtrack takes cues from alien dancehall, classic waltzes and 90s drum
- τέχνητέχνη is a collaboration between three artists working in London, Seoul and Porto – Alessia Stranieri, Sasha Vergolini and Jope Sound. Three realistic and familiar artists' studio environments are represented through the use of computer generated imagery. In these digital and untouchable spaces objects and materials can change their shape and texture, defining an element of uncanny and disorder.
- Music for Kano Computing CompetitionKano recently opened a competition for kids to create their own digital art piece: the winner gets his work painted on a real wall by an artist. The brief was to make music from the film foley: sprays, shoes, clicks and all, and have it fit with the editing. It was a complex project but very proud to have it live. Producer: Lauren Zeitoun Editing: Leo Dawson Animation: Picnic Studio
- Music and foley for Wonderbly blogIn 2016/17 I scored a bunch of Wonderbly (formerly Lost My Name) blog videos. Silly little gifs, educational videos and recipes were seen by hundreds of thousands of parents and children. We tried to make music and foley that was witty but saccharin enough to appeal to children of all ages; and their parents. We had a big team producing videos, including Stephanie Johnston (direction/animation), Anna Brooks (direction), Joe Melhuish (animation), Olly Wright (production), Andy Whitlock (creative
- Scoring a BAFTA-nominated app: BlinkiesBlinkies is a children's app which enables them to animate their drawings. The videos are placed behind paper, and brings creations to life. I made the music and sound for the Halloween special. The app was created animated by Joe Melhuish, engineered by Liam Walsh, and overseen by Andy Whitlock. Its outstanding reception even lead to a BAFTA-nomination!
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Neighbourhood WashNeighbourhood Wash is an abstract comic that uses sequential images of circles and triangles which interact to illustrate gentrification. The comic is able to give the impression of gentrification by playing on the semiotic relationships between shapes and emotions. The soundtrack (composed by Jope Sound) influences the reader's concept of time within the comic by attempting to synchronise to visual anchors throughout the narrative. The comic is a one off publication produced by colour photocopying black ink original artwork. The cover is printed with lino cut relief. Neighbourhood Wash is the second of two outcomes from a series of research projects based around the theme of visualising sound. The research explored themes of; understanding the basic formulas for reading and designing sequential art, exploring the possible effects abstraction can have on graphic narrative theories and concluding psychological hypotheses about the intuitive connections between instrumental music and abstract visuals.
- GOBIGobi is an abstract comic based on a musical score composed by Jope Sound, the comic explores the relationship between sound and sequential art by attempting to instinctively visualise the musical score. The comic is designed as a concertina publication that can be read along whilst listening to the soundtrack. Gobi is one of two products of a series of research projects based around the theme of visualising sound. The reasearch explored themes of; understanding the basic formulas for reading and designing sequential art, exploring the possible effects abstraction can have on graphic narrative theories and concluding psychological hypotheses about the intuitive connections between instrumental music and abstract visuals.
Sound Designerjope sound
Various slices of sound design, scoring, engineering, sound effects/foley and music.
- Editing Sound
- Sound Design
- Audio Composition
- Arranging Music
- Foley SFX
- Sound Effects
- Soundtrack Composition
- Sound Mixing
- Film Scoring