You can only message people who are following you. If you’d like to message this person, simply join our Recruiter Pro Plan.
I am a driven and ambitious Oxford University graduate with rich and substantial work experience in arts administration, events and exhibition organisation, customer service and collections management. I am seeking employment in the creative industries where I can use my talent and skills to grow and develop a rewarding career.
* Assisted with office management, researched, analysed and monitored the company’s spending on business support and kick-started a project aiming to save £30k in 3 years. * Assisted with everyday administration, organised, managed and maintained documents of over 200 employees; prepared contracts, ID cards and starter package for new employees. * Processed incoming mail and ensured the security of all monies received.
* Searched library and archive sources and processed art historical materials in German.
* Worked in the Impressionist and Modern Art department and Japanese Art department, managed over 800 lots for 5 major sales within the company on top of providing daily administrative support. * Researched property for bibliography, provenance and exhibition history to assist with valuations, hilling sessions and preparation of catalogue notes; catalogued property for auctions using collections database, assisted with catalogue layout and proofed cataloguing before publishing. * Oversaw transfer of property, coordinated photography and maintained sale images, and took condition images upon clients’ request. * Lotted up sales, designed gallery plan and exhibition layout for preview, assisted with gallery set-up and monitored salerooms during public viewings. * Executed telephone bidding for clients and assisted with post-sale administration. * Researched top clients and compiled dealer directory to assist with business getting. * Managed department library and created inventory for sale catalogues.
* Managed day-to-day operations of the gallery and ensured smooth running of exhibitions. * Delivered the gallery’s marketing strategies, wrote press release, newsletters and blog posts, maintained social media pages using HootSuite for e-networking. * Researched new exhibitions, sourced artists and sent out invitation for submission. * Took sales of artworks and other merchandise and composed seasonal sales summaries. * Organised and delivered preview nights and special events.
* Staffed reception desk at special events, managed backstage and assisted with set-up of events.
* Assisted exhibition booths at Shanghai Contemporary and Hong Kong International art fairs, managed daily operations of the gallery booth and assisted with installation and de-installation of exhibitions. * Assisted with sales and translated between English, German and Mandarin for the gallery owner. * Liaised with artists over delivery and collection of artworks, with art fair organisers for supplies, and with printers for marketing materials.
* Researched and catalogued incoming collections and translated art materials from French to Chinese. * Edited the museum’s marketing materials and assisted with the listing of upcoming exhibitions and events.