Kai Deveraux Lawson, uses her life long passion for culture, and 8 years of experience in advertising, to tell honest stories that shed light on the need for Diversity & Inclusion in the workplace, specifically in marketing and media. As an integrated producer, she’s worked for several agencies, including Wunderman, space150, AKQA & Momentum Worldwide. There she motivated project teams to be efficient and productive, all while managing print, digital and social programs for notable brands like American Express, Maybelline, Verizon & Coca Cola. Her agency experience eventually led Kai to launch the culturally focused platforms, Mixed Company Podcast and her blog, Mylifeofkai.com. On these channels, she has been able to share her first hand experiences in life, travel and career from the perspective of a millennial woman of color. Kai has been featured on The Drum’s Exceptional Women of the World podcast, David Sable’s Madison & Culture podcast, and was inducted into the Advertising Club’s i’mPART Women’s Fellowship Program. Most recently, she took stage at the annual Advertising Week New York conference, to discuss her thoughts about TimesUp Advertising, during a conversation entitled, The Road to Safe, Fair, and Dignified Work for Women of All Kinds.
- Let's Lead. Not Boss.It’s the first week of 2019 and everyone is making their resolutions, setting new goals and proclaiming their new year, new me transformations, to the world. Many of these endeavors align with losing some extra pounds, saving more money, and maybe even uttering one less four letter word a day. With that said, I would like to suggest a resolution for some people. Specifically, those of you with a little bit of power and platform. While you consider improving your own personal health and productiv
- 5 THINGS YOU CAN DO IF YOU DON'T HAVE A MENTOR On my podcast, I’ve had numerous conversations on the topics of mentorship, management, career growth and professional development. Often, these conversations ladder back to finding “that person” who is invested in your success enough to either share their experiences with you as a guide, advocate on your behalf as a sponsor, or plan your next moves, as a coach. All of these types of people are crucial for career growth, and sometimes these types of people can be easy to identify in your netwo
- Next Big Step - OPEN ForumI led the agency production of this initiative, from conception and through execution. Our goal was to let small business owners tell their own stories, and inspire other small business owners to grow their buisinesses with the support of American Express Open Savings and Fedex.
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- This International Women’s Day 2019, meet 100 trailblazers redefining the creative industryDiscover our 2020 list here This International Women’s Day, we’ve launched our latest ‘10x10’ – asking 10 influential industry icons to each nominate 10 trailblazing women and non-binary people who they believe are redefining the creator landscape. The result? An incredible list of 100 trailblazers inspiring change. Our list will be accompanied by a takeover on The Dots – look out for brilliant profiles and projects on the platform as we aim to inspire, as important as ever when considering ‘88165
- Celebrating the women of AKQA New York.AKQA New York’s mantra is the Home of Courageous Invention, and their mission is to help their clients invent the future and do what has never been done before. Their latest pursuit? Reimagining the gender status quo, working together to make their New York studio home to an environment where diversity and equality are the norm. To celebrate International Women’s Day, we asked the women of the studio about their backgrounds, the challenges they’ve overcome, and how they intend to continue to
+ Show more
- Digital Advertising
- Events Production
- Blog Contributing
- Podcast Production
- Social Media
- Project Management