Photographer/videographer. I make your memories eternal. People, music, events. Based in London, UK. Working worldwide. www.katciemiega.com https://www.instagram.com/KatCiemiegaArt https://www.facebook.com/KatCiemiegaArt https://twitter.com/KatCiemiegaArt https://uk.pinterest.com/KatCiemiegaArt
- Capturing the magic - art documentaryHere is the trailer for the upcoming feature documentary on the artist Dave Shrimpton and the wet plate collodion photographic process. Dave is using vintage methods from the dawn of photography to create his projects including portraiture, nude art and still nature. His works evoke dreams, classic literature tales and pure experiments, embracing the wet collodion process that is dynamic to work with, as well as unique and exciting, since this method produces one of a kind results. The full d
- Portraits of fire and furyNew blog post with memories and behind the scenes from a 19c. wet collodion photography workshop. My drawing skills are somewhere between a 3-year old and Picasso. When I was preparing concepts for the next portrait photoshoot and using the wet plate collodion technique at Dave Shrimpton's workshop, I've noted the scenes, the light set-up and also drew them loosely to visualise, as you'll see on an example below. The concepts were around the reactions to recent online events, as well as portr
- The concert trailer is live!Here's the trailer for the music event series I worked on, including editing live video footage, cutting the music background, choosing moments and creating graphics and others - to the requested vibrant, '80s, over-the-top theme. Filmed at North London's Nambucca venue over the course of several hours, the full concert video combines the jam event moments, during which musicians could finally perform live after 1.5 year of lockdown restrictions. The event included rock and metal covers pl
- What a night!After months and months of indoor life the doors were open to meet and listen to live music again. I was working on filming Jake and Hugo's Most Excellent Jam Night event at Nambucca organised on 30th July, which gathered 60 musicians performing two sets of rock and metal classics. People were preparing and practising for it, updating the Facebook event page with their efforts. The venue had a new PA system and everyone there was really looking forward to open to the public again. I set-up my
- Filming a documentary: behind the scenesI have finished the day two of a new filming project consisting of two interviews and a background story on Dave Shrimpton, a Cambridgeshire-based analog photographer. Last year I participated in two workshops that Dave organised in his studio. During these workshops the participants are deep diving into the old photography techniques using vintage equipment and creating photos on sheets of tin or glass. It's a truly incredible experience and I got hooked from the start, photographing both obj
+ View all
VideographerKat Ciemiega Creator
London, United KingdomFreelance
Creating concepts and storyboarding Planning shoots, contacting with talent, staff, organising wardrobe, props Organising and hiring equipment Researching locations and any permits, booking studios Researching topics, preparing interview questions and giving instructions to the talent Running risk management analysis - minding people's health, cables, equipment Editing corporate videos, calls, presentations, Q&A from online events to provide a concise and easy to absorb product for all attendees Suggesting and adding effects Choosing suitable music to enhance the visuals and message of the client Suggesting keywords and hashtags for social media channels, so the videos are found easier.
PhotographerKat Ciemiega Creator
London, United KingdomFreelance
Documenting events and concerts, photographing details, instruments, sponsors' products, catering suppliers in London, UK and abroad Arranging, creating mood boards and executing portrait photo sessions Planning locations including travel, cost summary, security, additional staff Setting-up and dismantling lighting equipment, props, backgrounds Communicating with clients, posing and directing to achieve a desired effect Running post-production and the print quality check Providing an attentive customer service Delivering, printing and customizing the order Learning and using alternative and unique techniques, eg, wet collodion, which produces one in a kind custom portrait.
+ Show more
- Event Photography
- Computer Literacy