Hello! I'm Kate Binns, a multidisciplinary designer currently based in London. Keeping creative is what I do best, whether that be within traditional illustration, graphic design or film. I'm also a dog person. I've been fortunate to work for award-winning studios in Leeds, London and New York and have particular interests in illustration, branding, advertising and film. I have been fortunate enough to work for a diverse range of creative projects for clients such as Diageo, GE and Penguin Random House.
- KAPOWEnd of year degree show identity and promotional video for The School of Design at The University of Leeds, 2016. The identity visuals are stills taken from slow-motion footage we shot at the university of neon powder paints hitting our laser-cut letter forms we created for the degree show exhibition. Colour plays a major part in every design practice and this became a dominant theme when creating the show's branding. The theme of KAPOW plays on the association of impact, as students' make the
- 36 Days of Type36 Days of Type is a project that invites Designers, Illustrators and Graphic Artists to express their particular view on letters and numbers of the alphabet. During the months of February and March this year I participated in the 36 Days of Type challenge where I was fortunate to have one of my letters featured on their project Instagram page, as well as growing my following online, pushing my imagination and learning new design skills. You can browse my full alphabet collection on my website here!
- I Can't Sleep StraightA collection of personal and experimental work, submitted as part of my university final independent project, that represents my previous ability to lucid dream and experience with insomnia. Within my work, I aim to bring awareness to the lucid dream practice and visually represent the state of dysmorphia within my experience of achieving lucidity. As part of my independent project I explored the art of slit-scan photography within an experimental short film, alongside producing a typographic and illustrative hand-made book and an encompassing exhibition identity. You can view more of my project over on my website: www.keb-designs.com/parti
+ Show more
- Adobe Indesign/illustrator/photoshop
- Hand Illustation
- Hand Craft
- Brand Identity
- Adobe Premiere Pro After Effects Photoshop Indesign
- Tea Making
BA (Hons) Graphic Communication DesignThe University of Leeds
- Leeds, United Kingdom
Year in Industry credited (2014-2015)
School of Design PrizeThe University of LeedsAwarded for outstanding design in my final year independent project (I Can't Sleep Straight).