I am an editor, journalist and poet based in York, UK. I have written and edited for 30 editions of Aesthetica Magazine, as well as a number of other annual publications, competitions and events including the Aesthetica Art Prize, Creative Writing Award and BAFTA-Qualifying Short Film Festival. I have worked on high-profile features with artists such as Jenny Holzer, Doug Aitken, Edward Burtynsky, Shirin Neshat and Björk, and worked with curators from global institutions including MoMA, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Centre Pompidou, Tate, The Photographers' Gallery, MCA Australia, NGV Melbourne and ICA. I have reviewed titles with major publishers including Aperture, Thames & Hudson, MACK, Phaidon, Bloomsbury, Faber and Prestel. I have programmed lecture series and public events including three editions of the Aesthetica Future Now Symposium, working with speakers such as Martin Parr and Cornelia Parker OBE, as well as representatives from Magnum Photos, Serpentine Galleries, British Journal of Photography, Creative Review, Getty Images, Dazed and The Art Newspaper. I have spoken at numerous events about publishing, journalism and the effects of the digital age on contemporary culture, including Frieze London and Sotheby's Arts Publishers Fair. I have also crafted brand partnerships with the likes of the Times Literary Supplement, Aperture, Artnet, Apollo Magazine, Sony World Photography Awards, Poetry Society and more. I’m a published poet, featured most recently with Poetry Birmingham Literary Journal and Carolyn Jess-Cooke's Stay-at-Home Literary Festival. I also also read for Frontier Poetry, working through submissions for publication, as well as fellowships and competitions which have been judged by the likes of Ocean Vuong and Kaveh Akbar. I have also written for The London Magazine, Mslexia and Poetry School. Available for freelance writing / editing enquiries.
Projects credited in
- The Aesthetica Future Now Symposium 2021The Future Now Symposium returns for its sixth edition, doubling its length as a four-day arts festival exploring the mechanisms of art and culture with a significantly expanded programme of panel discussions, expert masterclasses, portfolio reviews and advice sessions, running live 28 April – 1 May, and is then available On Demand 2-31 May. This momentous four-day event brings together global institutions, galleries, publications and artists for discussion on the most pressing issues in today’4
- Issue 100: Charting the CourseThis is a special edition of Aesthetica Magazine. We are 100 issues old, marking 18 years of the publication. Inside this issue we are celebrating this momentous milestone with a range of features that celebrate innovation and the independent spirit. https://shop.aestheticamagazine.com6
- Aesthetica Creative Writing Award Annual 2021The Aesthetica Creative Writing Award is a celebration of innovation across poetry and short fiction, commending writers for their use of form, concept and technique. These winning and shortlisted entries connect readers to a profound sense of self as well as their shared humanity. Emergency threads its way through many of the works – considering the pandemic as well as cultural crises born of inequality and injustice. However, at the centre of these powerful and necessary pieces are tender mome1
- Issue 98: A New WorldHere we are, at the end of one year and the start of a new one. We’ve all been through so much together, and yet, apart from one another. Technology has played a huge role this year as it becomes further integrated into our daily lives, mostly because we do not have a choice. Fear has also played a momentous role as we round up 10 months of a global pandemic and its ramifications. However, beyond this, there’s a huge amount of relief and joy to be found knowing Trump will be gone from the White9
- Aesthetica Film Festival 2020 Programme2020 has had its challenges for the film and events industry but Aesthetica has responded with a programme that is rich, diverse and captivating. The 10th Anniversary Edition of the Aesthetica Film Festival will take place 3-30 November in a new and exciting way – comprising digital and live-streamed events. Films in competition at this year’s Aesthetica Film Festival span a range of genres including animation, documentary, drama, dance, fashion and thriller. The festival also welcomes renowned2
- Issue 97: Rebirth and RenewalWe are living in a precarious moment where the very idea of democracy is being threatened. There are people who are willing to give it up so easily. Trump’s “Make America Great Again” is a pointless and meaningless statement, however, it’s whipping up right-wing groups globally. The idea that an armed militia can turn up at a peaceful protest and start shooting people is the stuff that Philip K. Dick was taking about in The Man in the High Castle. We must stand up to inequality and insist upon4
+ Show more
- Los Angeles, United StatesFreelance
Reader for Frontier Poetry's New Voices platform, as well as the Frontier Open Award, judged by Ocean Vuong, Kaveh Akbar, and Eve L. Ewing.
+ Show more
- Fact Checking
- Commissioning Content
- Content Curation