I am an upper class second (2:1) graduate with a BA Hons in Fashion Management with Marketing. I’m an ambitious, hardworking and diligent individual, with a strong attention to detail. I have a proactive nature, capable of organising and meeting deadlines. I have experience working in a fast paced environment, high-pressure situations and managing a team. I have a variety of different experiences within the fashion industry. Aiming to work and gain further experience in a variety of fashion roles.
• My duties include: Supporting the creative services team with the day to day administrative tasks, updating spreadsheets, file maintenance, data processing, using content management systems to maintain and update the company website and internal databases, conducting trademark checks, liaising with staff in other departments and with external contacts, generating new product and name ideas, organising and managing the artwork copy document process, coordinating between various departments.
• My duties during London fashion week included: making sure everything was prepped backstage and in the auditoriums before the shows started, seating people, and holding seats for celebrities and front row VIP guests.
• My duties included: assisting with fit sessions, recording fit comments and helping to action communication from these, contributing towards decision making, maintaining the sample library ready for product reviews and trading updates, liaising with the in house marketing and PR teams, I helped with the day-to-day general admin tasks, raised and amended orders using Merret software, sent samples to suppliers and compiling new season stock for meetings, provided key information on new trends to the buying team, which was displayed through the use of trend boards and conducting comp shops. • I was able to attend a critical path meeting between the buying assistant and merchandising assistant. This helped to give me an understanding and the management of critical path.
• I spent a week at Warehouse’s Head Office with the Visual Merchandising team and during my time there I conducted research on Spring/Summer 2015 fashion trends. Following this research I made a selection of moodboards. In addition I conducted online comp shops. • Practical experience started with the London VM team in the Oxford Street and Argyll Street stores. This was to launch the new VM Edit for the month. The following day I generated photos of the VM carried out in store for the VM Edit. I created a pack called ‘hero pieces’ which were items of clothing the buyers in head office had chosen to be key pieces and must have items for the season.
• My duties included: visual merchandising, supporting the Branch Manager in achieving the store’s goals, completing daily paper work, store figures, cashing up tills, managing the team, holding team meetings, conduct one to one interviews with team members to coach and develop them in their roles, accepting and processing deliveries, stock control, store card sales, in house promotions, cash handling, exchanges, refunds and handling any customer complaints. • I worked alongside area management as regional visual support travelling to other UK stores with the area VM to assist with VM set-ups, new store openings, network with other warehouse employees and to learn about the current seasonal trends.
Units Studied in Third Year: • Brand Development & Communication • Contemporary Fashion Marketing Strategies • Work Based Learning • Final Major Project (FMP) Units Studied in Second Year: • Buying and Merchandising • Fashion Recruitment and Development • Management of Consumer Services • Multi Channel Marketing Management • International Fashion Communication • Fashion Marketing Research Units Studied in First Year: • Fashion Narrative • Fashion Process • Retail Environment • Principles of Marketing • Introduction to Fashion Business • Finance