Do you really want to delete project The Riot Starts Here?
I am a London based fashion designer and I've been running my own women's wear label for the past three years. I am imaginative and I enjoy working with philosophical ideas and concepts. At the same time I understand the importance of commercial design and I have developed a strong skill for taking inspiration from interesting and engaging themes and then streamlining these sometimes radical ideas to retail.. I have a strong sense for colour and fabric selection along with an instinct for a sharp and precise silhouette. Running my own business has illustrated both my ability and skills in creativity, organisation and multi tasking. It also demonstrates that I am a resourceful, productive, determined individual with a strong passion to succeed. I have a strong interest in the visual arts. I often frequent various exhibitions in London and across the UK. I am interested in trends, people and human behavior which is why I admire the work of Greyson Perry and Jeremy Deller. My own work includes artistic reference, namely the collaborative work I do with abstract artist and musician Jem doulton. Our work is intrinsically based around exciting psychological concepts that are then made into wearable fashion. It's a fascinating process that I thoroughly enjoy. I am now looking to work for an established fashion brand. Running my own business has been a huge learning curve and an exciting part of my career journey. I have enjoyed the challenge and being stocked at various retailers across the UK and internationally has been a fantastic experience. I would now like to fully immerse myself in design and I'm eager to work within a creative team.
• Fashion Design Lecturer to level 5 students • Introducing couture techniques including draping on the stand and bias cutting • Teaching construction techniques including flat pattern cutting and toile making • Marking work and evaluating each students progression
• Creating content and updating all social media sites including Instagram, Facebook and Twitter • My aim is to increase followers by creating engaging content and dialogue • Managing a small team of interns and delegating work load • Making connections and maintaining good relationships with relevant journalists and bloggers • Creating sales schedules along with press and stockist contact databases
• Sole charge of mature students teaching the beginner, intermediate and advanced Sewing, Pattern Cutting and Fashion Design classes • Developing each student’s skills to industry standard, with the aim of offering employment at our in house CMT work room • Managing all production and in house commissions • Managing staff and interns with effective work allocation to ensure deadlines are met • Pattern cutting across a multi product • Most recently I have designed an in house children’s wear range that we aim to launch for SS16. I have been responsible for all design, pattern cutting and allocating the toile and sample making to the workroom
I currently run my own women's wear label, currently stocked at 3 retailers across the UK and in Brazil. I am responsible for everything including design, product development, pattern cutting, managing production, sales and marketing. I collaborate with freelance artists for the prints and I over see initial sample making and production at a London based CMT unit.
• Fashion Design lecturer to level 5 students • Advising students on initial concept through to design development, fabric selection and range planning • Technical advise on garment construction
• Design across a multi product for in house label Louche, including occasion dresses, outerwear, wovens and soft separates using CAD and hand drawing skills • Creating spec sheets, indicating fabric and trims, design details and garment measurements • Constant liaising with UK and Far East manufacturers via email and telephone • Supplier meetings to discuss any new or ongoing design developments • Weekly fit sessions • Research including comp shops, vintage fairs and national and international tradeshows in London and Paris, fashion blogs, weekly / monthly / biannual magazines and WGSN • I was responsible for creating story boards, mood boards and trend boards
- assist the head designer with creating spec sheets - managing the in house sample room - attending buyers meetings - taking fit notes - liaising with our in house sampling room and pattern cutters to create first samples
Fashion Design and Marketing
I won the Women's Wear Gold Award at Graduate Fashion Week in 2007. Victoria Beckham was a judge that year, she also bought three pieces from my Graduate Collection.