You can only message people who are following you. If you’d like to message this person, simply join our Recruiter Pro Plan.
Do you really want to delete project Bad to the Bone?
Do you really want to delete project Come As You Are?
Do you really want to delete project The Riot Starts Here?
Do you really want to delete project The Liminal Journey?
I am a London based fashion designer and I've been running my own women's wear label for the past three years. I am imaginative and I enjoy working with philosophical ideas and concepts. At the same time I understand the importance of commercial design and I have developed a strong skill for taking inspiration from interesting and engaging themes and then streamlining these sometimes radical ideas to retail.. I have a strong sense for colour and fabric selection along with an instinct for a sharp and precise silhouette. Running my own business has illustrated both my ability and skills in creativity, organisation and multi tasking. It also demonstrates that I am a resourceful, productive, determined individual with a strong passion to succeed. I have a strong interest in the visual arts. I often frequent various exhibitions in London and across the UK. I am interested in trends, people and human behavior which is why I admire the work of Greyson Perry and Jeremy Deller. My own work includes artistic reference, namely the collaborative work I do with abstract artist and musician Jem doulton. Our work is intrinsically based around exciting psychological concepts that are then made into wearable fashion. It's a fascinating process that I thoroughly enjoy. I am now looking to work for an established fashion brand. Running my own business has been a huge learning curve and an exciting part of my career journey. I have enjoyed the challenge and being stocked at various retailers across the UK and internationally has been a fantastic experience. I would now like to fully immerse myself in design and I'm eager to work within a creative team.
• Creating content and updating all social media sites including Instagram, Facebook and Twitter • My aim is to increase followers by creating engaging content and dialogue • Managing a small team of interns and delegating work load • Making connections and maintaining good relationships with relevant journalists and bloggers • Creating sales schedules along with press and stockist contact databases
• Fashion Design Lecturer to level 5 students • Introducing couture techniques including draping on the stand and bias cutting • Teaching construction techniques including flat pattern cutting and toile making • Marking work and evaluating each students progression
• Sole charge of mature students teaching the beginner, intermediate and advanced Sewing, Pattern Cutting and Fashion Design classes • Developing each student’s skills to industry standard, with the aim of offering employment at our in house CMT work room • Managing all production and in house commissions • Managing staff and interns with effective work allocation to ensure deadlines are met • Pattern cutting across a multi product • Most recently I have designed an in house children’s wear range that we aim to launch for SS16. I have been responsible for all design, pattern cutting and allocating the toile and sample making to the workroom
I currently run my own women's wear label, currently stocked at 3 retailers across the UK and in Brazil. I am responsible for everything including design, product development, pattern cutting, managing production, sales and marketing. I collaborate with freelance artists for the prints and I over see initial sample making and production at a London based CMT unit.
• Fashion Design lecturer to level 5 students • Advising students on initial concept through to design development, fabric selection and range planning • Technical advise on garment construction
• Design across a multi product for in house label Louche, including occasion dresses, outerwear, wovens and soft separates using CAD and hand drawing skills • Creating spec sheets, indicating fabric and trims, design details and garment measurements • Constant liaising with UK and Far East manufacturers via email and telephone • Supplier meetings to discuss any new or ongoing design developments • Weekly fit sessions • Research including comp shops, vintage fairs and national and international tradeshows in London and Paris, fashion blogs, weekly / monthly / biannual magazines and WGSN • I was responsible for creating story boards, mood boards and trend boards
- assist the head designer with creating spec sheets - managing the in house sample room - attending buyers meetings - taking fit notes - liaising with our in house sampling room and pattern cutters to create first samples
Fashion Design and Marketing
I won the Women's Wear Gold Award at Graduate Fashion Week in 2007. Victoria Beckham was a judge that year, she also bought three pieces from my Graduate Collection.