For the last ten years I have been a Video Editor, Colourist & Technician for the Guardian News and Media website. At the core of this comprehensive role, I have been tasked with editing video shorts (3-5 minutes) and longer feature videos of 10 minutes plus, for the online arm of the newspaper.
- The Winterkeeper: a lifetime spent protecting the wildernessSteven Fuller is a winter caretaker who has lived at Yellowstone national park for the past 50 years. As the cold weather approaches and the seasonal transformation begins, he hunkers down in his remote mountain cabin. But Fuller and Yellowstone face an uncertain future, with the climate crisis threatening to forever change one of North America’s last great wildernesses.
- The hunt for India's stolen childrenClimate change has taken an enormous toll on the rainforest in recent years and has repeatedly uprooted families and decimated the incomes of residents who have traditionally relied heavily on agriculture and fishing for their livelihoods. In this film The Guardian will explore how repeated natural disasters and environmental changes to the region have created a highly vulnerable population that is increasingly at risk of participating in or becoming victims of child trafficking.
- David Olusoga on the Guardian’s links to slavery: ‘That reality can’t be negotiated with’The historians Prof David Olusoga and Dr Cassandra Gooptar reveal how the Manchester Guardian’s 19th-century founders had connections to transatlantic enslavement and how a ‘trick of history’ has obscured our understanding of the links between slavery and Britain’s Industrial Revolution.
- How a Ukrainian comedian rebuilt a stranger's house | The year that never endedA devout Orthodox Christian, Terekhova lives in a farming village in the Chernihiv region, where her house was destroyed during the Russian occupation of March 2022. She reflects on a traumatic time when she was forced to share her cellar with Russian soldiers who said they had come to liberate her, but who devastated her village. Refusing to leave the area where she has lived most of her life, Terekhova is galvanised by the entrepreneurial spirit of the young Kyiv builders, while Baidak proves
- ‘Strikes are all we have’: UK workers united in a winter of discontentThis has put them on a direct collision course with the government, which has introduced legislation to parliament that would make it harder for workers to strike. Adam Sich and Maeve Shearlaw spent a month talking to workers on the picket lines and protests to ask how the cost of living crisis is hitting them at home – and in their jobs
- Inside an NHS in crisis: every day like a 'horrific board game'Thirty-three months since the pandemic was declared, the Guardian spent 33 hours in NHS services across south London and found crammed wards, burnt-out GPs, patients waiting hours for ambulances. Is this one of the toughest winters for the NHS yet?
+ View all
Video Editor, Colourist & Technician
London, United KingdomFull Time
Video Editor, Colourist and Technician at The Guardian. Working within the papers multimedia department producing short and long form content for the papers website.
Multimedia Technician/LecturerUniversity of West London
- London, United KingdomFull Time
Gave practical demonstrations to graduate students and staff of video editing software and cameras. Taught graduate and post-graduate students practical elements of film production and post-production. Served as Video Technician resolving technical issues with software and video equipment. Installed full editing facilities and accompanying software. Held role of Audio Technician providing technical support and practical demonstrations of audio sound studios, software and audio equipment.
- Colour Grading
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Film Editing
- Audio Mixing
- Audio Editing
- Davinci Resolve
- Logic Pro
- Adobe After Effects