For the last ten years I have been a Video Editor, Colourist & Technician for the Guardian News and Media website. At the core of this comprehensive role, I have been tasked with editing video shorts (3-5 minutes) and longer feature videos of 10 minutes plus, for the online arm of the newspaper.
- Roll with it: roller derby 2012 championships - behind the scenesRoller derby was created in Chicago in the 1930s but Austin, Texas, is the home of the modern-day, all-female sport. We go behind the scenes on the day of the 2012 championship for the low-down on the teams, the crowds and the on-track pillow fights
- Life in the Arctic: how climate change is killing a culture – videoAs the arctic warms four times faster than the global average, Europe’s only indigenous population is under threat. For centuries, the Sámi people have herded reindeer throughout northern Europe. Now, warmer winters are turning the snow the reindeer dig through to find food into ice, blocking their only source of sustenance. In the last two years, 10,000 reindeer died. If this winter is bad, herders fear up to half the herd could be lost This video contains graphic footage some may find distres
- The Beatles, Get Back and London: on the trail of a timeless storyIn early 1969, John, Paul, George and Ringo worked on a project in London that would result in an amazing performance on a West End rooftop, and some of their most-loved songs. The story is captured in the new documentary series Get Back. In a film specially commissioned by Apple Corps, John Harris and John Domokos follow the Beatles' steps, get immersed in their archive, and do what the Fab Four's film-makers did – talk to the public
- Hacking enlightenment: can ultrasound help you transcend reality?Can technology improve the way we meditate? At the University of Arizona, Dr Jay Sanguinetti and master meditator Shinzen Young are using ultrasound to improve our ability to achieve mindfulness – as well as enhance our cognition and wellbeing. They believe it could revolutionise the way we treat those with depression and trauma. But as investors from Silicon Valley become interested in the technology, the pair are fighting to make sure the device is used in the right way and for the right reaso
- My weekend at man camp: trauma, wrestling and tearsEarlier this year, pre-pandemic, Adam Gabbatt spent a weekend with Sacred Sons, a male-only community that aims to help men explore their vulnerable side and listen to their emotions. In an era when masculinity is under scrutiny, could Adam open up too?
+ View all
Video Editor, Colourist & Technician
London, United KingdomFull Time
Video Editor, Colourist and Technician at The Guardian. Working within the papers multimedia department producing short and long form content for the papers website.
Multimedia Technician/LecturerUniversity of West London
- London, United KingdomFull Time
Gave practical demonstrations to graduate students and staff of video editing software and cameras. Taught graduate and post-graduate students practical elements of film production and post-production. Served as Video Technician resolving technical issues with software and video equipment. Installed full editing facilities and accompanying software. Held role of Audio Technician providing technical support and practical demonstrations of audio sound studios, software and audio equipment.
- Colour Grading
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Film Editing
- Audio Mixing
- Audio Editing
- Davinci Resolve
- Logic Pro
- Adobe After Effects