I am currently the Production Coordinator at Renaissance Studios, a female-led production company in London. I also co-created and co-host a podcast called Thought Quest, a Generation Z community podcast that touches on popular culture and social injustice issues. My passions are investigative journalism, popular culture and current affairs.
- You Got This Girl'You Got This Girl' is self-improvement article that focus on the importance of believing in yourself, your hustle and passions in life. 2020 was a difficult year for all us and I wanted to remind young women that despite the hard times or what social media makes us think is 'perfection', we are phenomenal beings capable of doing anything in life!! To read the full article go to https://yesgurl.co.uk/you-got-this-girl/
- Thought Quest podcast - Black Lives Matter series P1On this episode Thought Quest talk about the Black Lives Matter movement and whether it’s goals are measurable in society. We deepen on racism, police brutality, white privilege, the term 'Black excellence', work place discrimination and many more. We also question on the relation between slavery and capitalism, including what we as a society can do to stop racism.
- Black Hair Discrimination in the UKMany individuals within the black community are facing discrimination against their hair. For instance, at work, in schools and by members of the public. I attended an event by Alfa Munk & The Black Experience called Crown - The creativity of black hair. Which hosted a panel discussion with creatives and entrepreneurs about their experiences and society not embracing African and Caribbean heritage.
- Slavery reparations in the UK - African Diaspora News ChannelMany institutions in the UK benefited from the Atlantic Slave trade, such as banks, museums and factories. However, institutions like University of Cambridge are looking into ways in which they benefited from Slavery. This package explores the history into Britain's wealth and introduces the question as to whether descendants of slaves should be given reparations.
- Thought QuestOn this podcast, we discuss a variety of topics that we face today and/or witness around the world. Such topics like the importance of community and how to be a leader within the community, LGBTQIA+, age vs maturity, sex and relationships, education, racism and so on. This podcast is about inclusivity, representing differences and connecting others throughout life.
News writerPowell & Barns Media
- London, United KingdomInternship
I was a arts and entertainment writer for Powell & Barns Media. I wrote topics that celebrated and embraced Black creativity and culture. Whether that's through music, art, film, dance or literature.
+ Show more
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Teeline Shorthand
- Social Media