Kio Briggs is an artist, author, entertainer and producer: he is the founder of “Gifted, by Nature”, a production company that develops, amplifies and supports artists in literature, music, fashion, art and screen entertainment, centralising narratives around personal development, mindfulness, sustainability, activism and self expression. Briggs is also an avid basketball player and painter. In 2019 he exhibited his work “That’s Cool”, a painting that explores societal biases in our thoughts and projections onto young black men, highlighted in their chosen dress code. He discussed the inspiration behind his work on BBC Radio London.
- London Fashion Week: COACH New York NightsTo kick off London Fashion Week, Coach brought the spirit of the Big Apple to their flagship store for a nostalgic night of nineties NYC and the buzzing spirit of block parties. On 16 September, the dusk of a summer’s night invited a sense of mystery, spontaneity and magic as an exclusive list of guests entered their luxury store on Regent Street. Read More: https://www.giftedbynature.me/the-journal-hidden/fashion-week-at-coach-house-regent-street
Projects credited in
- "Showing up authentically" seriesSocial graphic design posts made for Gifted, by Nature. Gifted, by nature in collaboration with WomantoWoman has been holding a safe, interactive space for women to explore boundaries, compatibility and prioritising self when opening up to romantic relationships. I'm grateful to have been part of this. Follow us, new events coming up!
- RCRDSHOP Presents: Jam SessionsRCRDSHOP recently held the first of a promising season of intimate ‘jam sessions’, at the atmospheric Tea Building on Shoreditch High Street - an underground studio a part of Soho House, London. Jay Wilcox, RCRDSHOP’s Founder, is known and loved by his community, working the room like young black entrepreneurs tend to; fist bumps are the greeting of the evening, as he maneuvers the space, preparing to take a seat behind the keys, where he will be supporting artists performing throughout the even4
- HEAVY (Official Music Video)'HEAVY', is a record by British artist Vicky Pasion, it is a throwback to the 00s RnB/Pop/Gospel vibe of socially conscious music; it’s nostalgic, encouraging feelings of familiarity. The music video is inspired by Pasion’s experience during the height of the global pandemic and the Black Lives Matter resurgence in 2020, as well as her brief experience as a school teacher at an all boys school in North London. The narrative of HEAVY’s music video is focused on sharing the story of a young blac7
- Written in the Stars (Astrology)The final workshop in our ‘Showing Up Authentically’ series explored planetary relationships, to help ground and guide our creativity. By mapping out our past movements, Isaiah helps us to recognise how habitual patterns may sit within the body, often creating a block in our minds from self acknowledgement, authenticity and autonomy.5
- HEAVY Circle: Uplifting Black MasculinityAn open conversation between Black men of multiple generations and backgrounds, discussing their experiences of education and mental health, their hopes and ambitions. Join us for this online event, that seeks to nurture growth and facilitate safe spaces for male vulnerability, cultural expression and the passing on of gained wisdom. The roundtable conversation will feature guest speakers Dr Kumar Birch, Kio Briggs, Alain ‘Fusion’ Clapham, Cordell Johnson and Michael Lawson-Falomo. In a time o7
+ Show more
- Artistic Direction
- Artistic Expression
+ Show more