I’m Kwaku Opoku a graduate of Parsons the New School for Design, I’m a graphic designer and musician. One of my greatest strengths is my ability to integrate design and music. My belief is that this integration creates experiences conducive enough for conversations and interactions to flourish.
- NYU USWIBAlthough not used, I really enjoyed working with NYU and building this brand sysytem. The main idea of this logo relies on the concept of layering to transcend the meaning of success. Layering is meant to allude to the idea of the obstacles that come in the way of success. With this in mind, I created different shapes thus giving rise to the overcoming of obstacles. Using different sized rectangles, I portray the many forms and colors these obstacles may come in. By attempting this, I was abl
- BizzdemBizzdem started out as a means to encourage interaction among individuals, primarily using questions as a tool — A tool that provokes conversations. Conversations that create an understanding of one another, promote peace, and in turn help to break down barriers. I came up with different products and services that were designed to help facilitate these conversations. Some of these products I made were t-shirts, short films and books.
- Giraffe Mobile Library‘Giraffe.’provides educational support to children of primary-school age in the Akropong Akuapem Township in Ghana. Providing regular access to books and other educational resources through a ‘mobile library’ travelling between several primary schools, ‘giraffe.’ encourages children to learn with excitement and curiosity, becoming confident and taking greater pride in their education. Being able to brand for them was very important to me because it was a way I could use design to impact Ghanaian's postively.
- Boston, United StatesInternship
Tekuma is a tech start up from MIT in Boston, rebranded in 2015. Hired as their creative director in 2016 as well as their artist in residence.
Lead Graphic DesignerParsons The New School Of Design
- New York, United StatesFull Time
Was the head graphic designer at the Office of Student Development and Activities at The New School since 2015.
- Book Design
- Film Editing
- Final Cut Pro
- Graphic Design
- Acrylic Painting
- Photo Editing
- Music Production
- Adobe Create Suite
John L. Tishman Scholarship for Sustainable DevelopmentParsons The New School Of DesignThe Tishman family generously funds scholarships for students at Parsons and other schools of the university who show interest in, and a commitment to, sustainable development, design, and construction.