Romantic. Provocative. Classical. This is how you summarise the work of Laura Elizabeth. Influenced by Italian art, history, and literature, Laura tells a story through her high-end creations. Combining tradition with the unexpected is inherent to her style. Her graduate collection Lacrimosa is an excellent example of this, juxtaposing Renaissance opulence with contemporary bondage and then subverting it with Dante’s Divine Comedy. Laura has a particular interest in high-end fashion and costume. She has experience in millinery, shoes, and accessories, and has interned with brands such as Rachel Trevor Morgan, Mary Katrantzou and Kelly Ewing. She worked as a costume trainee with BBC Birmingham Drama working behind 'Doctors', and now looks for experience in film. Laura is currently based in London and is both flexible and open to opportunities to further her career in fashion and/or costume. To see more from Laura Elizabeth, visit: • www.issuu.com/laurahenery • www.artsthread.com/profile/laura-elizabethhenery/ • www.fassion.co.uk/designer/laura-elizabeth-henery • www.instagram.com/lauraelizabethbts/ or contact on Laura.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Childrenswear Collection for HarrodsTitled Wonderland, this childrenswear collection has been designed for sale in Harrods and matches the womenswear collection together becoming a traditionally timeless “Mummy & Me” range. Wonderland is a childrenswear collection designed for the darlings of the elite. With outfits for playtime, partytime, and for formal ceremonies, the collection caters for all occasions. To view the entire collection, please contact email@example.com or message me on either of my social media pages lis
- 'From Stage to Catwalk' Competition EntryInspired by the the Royal Shakespeare Company's 1949 costume for Oberon, King of the Fairies from A Midsummer Night's Dream, this prêt-à-porter womenswear ethereal biker outfit has been designed by Leeds Arts University Level 6 student, Laura Elizabeth Henery for the 'From Stage to Catwalk' RSC x Coats x GFW 2020 competition brief.
- Koi Footwear X Graduate Fashion Week Competition EntryMixing pop culture with techwear and anarchism, the "$udo shoe" sock trainers have been designed with sustainability in mind by Leeds Arts University Level 6 student Laura Elizabeth Henery for Koi Footwear in response to the Graduate Fashion Week live competition brief. Inspired by the film character computer hacker, Lisbeth Salander, the code ‘sudo rm-rf’ has been used as a surface pattern for the trims, a joke to any gamer, computer or internet nerd that understands what it means. (For refer
- Award-winning 'East Meets West' DressAs the Winner of the 'Travel Broadens the Mind' competition set by the Business Confucius Institute at the University of Leeds, my winning design was made and I was sent on an all-expenses-paid trip to Beijing and Xi'an to collaborate with the Beijing Institute of Fashion and Technology and Confucius Institute at the University of International Business and Economics (UIBE). With the support of the Business Confucius Institute, I single-handedly organised a series of fashion shows to promote m
- Womenswear Collection for HarrodsA glimpse into my AW18/19 womenswear collection designed for sale in Harrods. With an accompanying matching menswear collection, and childrenswear collection, this AW18/19 drop is part of the Laura Elizabeth of London "Mummy & Me" range. This “Mummy & Me” marketing is becoming increasingly popular amongst the targeted demographic and both womenswear and childrenswear collections have matching dresses made from the same fabrics, for the same formal occasions. Inspired by Rubens and WGSN Trend
+ Show more
DirectorLaura Elizabeth of London
London, United KingdomFreelance
Through working with the Mayor of Walsall, Walsall Council, Walsall College, and a group of luxury leather manufacturers, I have been able to start producing prototypes for my company. I have collaborated with factories in Malaysia, Singapore, London, and Birmingham to produce these and am now liaising with leather suppliers I met at Lineapelle in Milan where I was researching and sourcing materials to build my first shoe and accessories collection.
+ Show more
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Pattern Cutting
- Machine Sewing
- CAD Drawings
Semester in Fashion Design and Graphic DesignIED Milano
- Milan, Italy
As part of the Erasmus Programme, I undertook a semester at IED Milano studying womenswear, menswear, childrenswear, pattern drafting, pattern cutting, and graphic design.