Hi, I'm Lauren. I am a graphic designer and a recent graduate from University of California, Los Angeles where I studied Art and Art History. My interests within design include editorial design, book design, and branding, as well as a newfound passion for type design. I have previously worked as an intern for The Jewish Museum in New York, VICE Media, and NBCUniversal and am now available for new opportunities– full-time, freelance, intern, ideally in New York or outside of the U.S.
- Out West CookbookOut West was designed with the user in mind, focusing on being straightforward and understandable, while also evoking the excitement of cooking. Cooking is a daunting task for some—such as myself—but it is always an exciting scientific experiment in some way. The use of bright photography and color throughout the book also reflects the colorful landscape and cuisine of the West Coast. Each chapter is assigned its own color, so the reader may easily find a chapter just by looking at the fore-edge
- Lumière SkincareLumière is a conceptual skincare brand with a mission of creating safe and ethical products, using ingredients as close to nature as possible. The brand’s identity focuses most of all on the keywords cleanliness, renewed, and refreshing, which are shown through color, as well as fluid, minimal typographic layout. As a reference to the most important part of great skincare, the brand's signature geometric forms represent chemical bonds.
- Sun & Moon MagazineAs a conceptual travel magazine, Sun & Moon was designed with the focus of exploring hierarchy and the relationship between text and image. Each layout was designed with the destination of the article in mind, using colors that complement the landscape being explored. The overall design presents information in a way that allows the reader’s eye to travel through various elements, like cut-outs or overlapping imagery.
- Bastard TypefaceA newfound fascination with type design, as well as the history of design as a whole, led me to begin the process of creating my own typeface—a current work in progress. The basic forms of Bastard are derived from a French Gothic typeface, Batarde or Bastarda, a blackletter script. Bastard's name is derived from the original blackletter script's title, as well as from the melding of history with contemporary design and technology, shown via the bitmapped appearance and modernized forms.
- Cocktails with Cohen MenuWhile working as a Design Intern for The Jewish Museum, I assisted in the creation of a variety of print assets for the museum, including a drink menu for Cocktails with Cohen. This was a happy hour event meant to attract a younger audience to the museum’s exhibition at the time on Leonard Cohen. This menu was designed with the exhibition’s established identity in mind, while also using hierarchy in a unique way to list the drinks available for the night.
- 2028 Los Angeles OlympicsThese conceptual posters promoting a rowing event in the 2028 Los Angeles Olympics were created with the aim of reflecting the energy and excitement of the Olympics. Vintage photographs were used in reference to the history of the games, while bright colors and loud text were used to pull them into the contemporary world of design.
Design InternThe Jewish Museum
- New York, United StatesInternship
⁕ Assisted in designing print assets for the museum, such as visitor guides, event materials, mockups, and wayfinding icons ⁕ Helped with photoshoots for various projects out of the design studio
Graphic Design InternNBC Universal
- New York, United StatesInternship
⁕ Supported the Bravo Off-Air Creative team in creating digital collateral through designing logos, merchandise, and social media assets, as well as color correcting and retouching images ⁕ Presented a creative marketing plan for a reality TV show to executives
+ Show more
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Branding Design
- Web Design
- Editorial Design
- Marketing Collateral
- Layout Design
- Advertising Design
Fine ArtUniversity of California, Los Angeles
- Los Angeles, United States
Degree in Art with a minor in Art History Focus on Photography, Painting, and interrelatedness of design and art School of Arts and Architecture Dean's List, Spring 2018-2020
Student Graphic Design FinalistCommunication ArtsA poster series for the 2028 Los Angeles Olympics, created for a Typography course at University of California, Los Angeles, was chosen as a finalist by Communications Arts for Student Graphic Design Work
Student Fine Art Photography WinnerCreative QuarterlyMy photography series, titled Access, was created for an Advanced Photography course taught by Cathy Opie at University of California, Los Angeles. These images were chosen as winners for the Creative Quarterly 60 in Spring 2020 and featured in the quarterly magazine.