Do you really want to delete project House of Holland SS17?
Do you really want to hide project House of Holland SS17?
Do you really want to unhide project House of Holland SS17?
Do you really want to delete project Proenza Schouler?
Do you really want to hide project Proenza Schouler?
Do you really want to unhide project Proenza Schouler?
Do you really want to delete project Zara ?
Do you really want to hide project Zara ?
Do you really want to unhide project Zara ?
Do you really want to delete project Pre Collection?
Do you really want to hide project Pre Collection?
Do you really want to unhide project Pre Collection?
I am a Bold, colourful, tactile, fun and feminine designer. I am confident in the way i design and have a lot of creative flare.
- I design the full RTW and licensing collections, including Umbro womenswear and Habitat. Reporting directly to Henry Holland, i conduct all design research from the briefs given by Henry. Sketching and presenting the full collections to the company directors. Manage the technical design assistants, pattern cutter and up to eight design room interns. Attend all fitting for the collection, foreseeing the full realisation from sketch to garment. Working closely with the team, i direct and manage the freelance print designers work. - Produce full Techs pack and CADs on Illustrator. Design and modify prints and artworks on Photoshop. - Liaise with the sales and buying team for collection review meetings. Making sure the collections are true to the ‘House of Holland’ girl. - Select fabrics and trims with the Product Developer, attend trade shows to source fabrics and trims. Developing Jacquards, lace and knitwear for the collections. - Meet with the stylist for show styling and direction. - Liaise with factories to make sure the full understanding of the garments are met. Attend meetings with fabric mills and suppliers, selecting fabrics for the seasons and helping the overall running of the collection and factory fabrications are met.
- Fashion Design support worker, helping assist and teach a visually impaired fashion design student, in her second and third year of BA. I worked one to one with the student and helped liaise between the student and their design lecturer. Supporting her with pattern cutting, sewing and design skills. - I helped the student have more confidence in her own design work. Encouraging her to express herself through drawing and design concept, resulting in the student showing a two look concept collection at London Fashion Week. - Assisted her with Photoshop and Illustrator, teaching her how to use the programs and helped her apply it to her design presentation work, from mood boards, colour boards and technical boards. - Taught her how to research thoroughly into a concept, in the initial research phase. From history books, galleries, vintage source pieces and to what is current now.
- Whilst at River Island, I was the sole designer for the range ‘Chelsea Girl’. I had to design a 24 piece collection, ranging from jersey tops to outerwear which were sold across the stores in the UK. I reported and worked directly with Head of Womenswear who oversaw the collection. - I researched and developed my own concepts for the Spring Summer 2015. Keeping in with the original heritage of the brand but adding a contemporary and commercial edge, whilst working with the in-house buying team. - Worked closely with the in-house pattern makers and seamstresses. Bringing my hand sketching and design development to reality, creating mock-ups ready for production in India. - Designed/developed/ re-coloured prints and embroidery layouts for the season. Completing the Specification packs, BOMs and collection costings.
- Whilst working as a sample machinist, I had to be able understand and sew any product, from garments to handbags. Learning the importance of stich, the handling of different fabrics and leathers and the production process. - Working on projects for a wide range of clients, I had to learn to use many of the different machinery. - Gaining valuable experience from the in house pattern cutter, whilst working one to one with him.
- Winner of a design project set by the Creative Director, interviewed then selected for a fully paid summer internship in New York. - Working closely with the Dresses and Skirts Team, Sketching for Summer 2014 and researching Fall 2014 concepts. - Given two of my own small in store concepts to design, ‘Lux Leisure’ and ‘Heritage’. Sketching designs that were adopted by merchandisers and put into production, in stores Summer 2014. - Attended Line Assortment meetings with buyers and merchandisers and attended fit meetings. - Completing specification packs and embellishment layouts for overseas production and trained in GAP BOM (Bills of Materials) Software.
- I began the role as a part time shop assistant and quickly developed my skills and knowledge of the retail environment. I was regularly responsible for the merchandising of 2 busy stores to highlight all the products available in the strongest possible way. - I was regularly involved in the process of pre-ordering and buying large stock orders for the coming seasons from major suppliers such as Volcom, Billabong, Reef and many others. - As well as merchandising and buying, I also learned to manage the shops and other members of the team in order to achieve sales targets by ensuring all members of the team were working together efficiently. - My experience and knowledge of the stores and the retail environment meant I was always confident in dealing with both customers and suppliers and was able to overcome many issues that