Hard working, passionate and driven fashion marketing graduate. Received a 2:1 from The University of Manchester. My current prospects are to pursue a marketing/ media role for a creative company within Greater Manchester or London.
• Underwent a challenging selection process to be given the opportunity to lead, inspire and develop a team of 15-17-year olds during their summer holidays. • In addition to a variety of community support projects, the programme offered a residential trip for the young people where the socially mixed teams bonded through a week of outdoor activities. • Responsibilities included pastorally caring and supporting 12 young people throughout the NCS programme and overseeing health and safety behaviour management of the group at all times. Having to facilitate and deliver curriculum sessions, tailoring them as necessary to be engaging and stimulating improved my improvisational skills.
Seasonal job role ( Summer). • General assistant at AQA over the past 5 years. I was employed to work within the examination office and subject department as support on the telephone. • Delivered the best possible customer service as I made sure I was knowledgeable about many different subject’s areas and marking software’s, patient, attentive and articulate over phone.
August- January 2015 & May- June 2017 • 8 months overall paid marketing internship at All Stores Clothing Ltd. • Helped the company make informed decisions about their marketing strategy by researching their market through analysing qualitative and quantitative data. • Led social media operations and discovered that 80% of All Stores Clientele used Facebook; consequently I made it my primary focus to increase the following of its Facebook page. • Posted engaging content throughout the day. • Promoted their Facebook page on the company’s website, via Facebook ads and mailshots. • Increased All Stores following from approx. 100 to 5000, ensuring that their content reached their target market.
• Organised and hosted the University of Manchester Jewish Society Ball in which over 100 people attended. • Raised funds to pay for the venue, caterers and DJ etc. and gave a proportion of the money to a charity of my choice. • Carefully selected décor to display the theme Arabian Nights. • Marketed the event over social media platforms Facebook and Twitter. • Managed to raise approximately 1000 pounds.
• Surpassed weekly targets on several occasions, selling over £1500’s worth of jeans within an eight-hour shift. • Advised customers on how to find their best jean size and style. Using a measuring tape, I’d take customer body measurements to calculate the correct jean size. Had to memorise over 20 Levi’s style numbers, each number representing an overall fit for the customer.
• Working in a busy retail store with a high footfall, I gained valuable experience in general store operations and sales and marketing strategies such as ‘point of sale’ communications and the importance of delivering good customer service.
Graduate of Fashion Marketing BSc degree. Received a high 2:1. • Achieved a first-class grade in a marketing module that enabled me to apply principals and theory in a real-life setting through an engaging simulation, set in a jeans wear industry that allowed me to analyse the changing market place and execute a marketing plan for a launch of a new jeans retailer. • Developed an understanding of fashion product development, particularly focusing on range planning and trend analysis. For this I used digital multi-media (CAD) technologies at last creating an eight-piece range plan for retailer Zara. • As part of a leadership unit I volunteered at Oxfam sorting, pricing and merchandising donated goods. As well as this I wrote writing exciting yet accurate descriptions of the items to attract their online consumers. • Undertook units in textiles science in which I developed an understanding of textile production processes and garment technology.
• Acknowledged as one of the top and most distinctive foundation courses in the country. • Fostered the necessary skills, creative practices, disciplines and media to develop a strong contemporary art portfolio.
Business Studies (A), Fine Art (B), Religious Studies (C)
All subjects A*-C, including Maths and English.