You can only message people who are following you. If you’d like to message this person, simply join our Recruiter Pro Plan.
My objective is to earn a position which engages my skills as a researcher and administrator to enhances my knowledge and experience within a fast-faced and progressive working environment. My background combines extensive academic study as well as varied work experience within the luxury and internet industries, having received a BA in History of Decorative Arts and Graduate Gemologist qualification in addition to having held positions within auction houses, internet and luxury retail businesses. I have managed roles of database maintenance, e-commerce, diary management and customer service. My working style is characterised by meticulous dedication with an emphasis on building strong relationships at every link. I look forward to the opportunity to grow and add value to my workplace.
- Conduct structured interviews with key clients for win/loss analysis - Identify trends, themes and opportunities that exist for the improvement of both products and sales - Identify issues, that when fixed, could increase win-rate - Communicate findings internally with sales, marketing, product and engineering teams
- Managed customer accounts and administration including writing insurance evaluations and appraisals, correspondence regarding buying events, and organizing and arranging private viewings for VIP clientele - Liaised with designers and manufacturers across Europe by phone and email for all customer and stock orders - Managed of in-house training of new staff, including monitoring workflow and maintaining consistently high standards of customer service - Assisted with the launch of new location in Brighton: arranged hiring of service vendors, organising and maintaining office stationery, collating office expenses, and maintaining daily financial accounts
- Assisted with stock control and inventory maintenance to maximise sales - Produced and collated sales reports and financial insights using Microsoft Word and Excel - Supported team members with visual merchandising and brand management
- Researched the provenance of selected historical jewellery - Assisted department specialists with the preparation and writing of condition reports and catalogue entries for proposed lots - Collaborated in the curation and display of jewellery for temporary exhibition and public viewing - Supported jewellery specialists with administrative tasks such as data entry and database maintenance on Outlook, Excel and in-house software
- Provided general administrative and office support - Wrote copy for website and blog to providing customers with personal and accessible descriptions of products and services - Processed orders from e-commerce website for beer delivery service while maintaining stock control and inventory utilising Excel database
- Maintained and update inventory database for ecommerce website - Processed new and current orders for commissioned orders - Created unique displays and visual merchandising for new and current jewellery collections
- Evaluated students understanding and use of both written and verbal English - Educated students of all levels on proper use of grammar in the English language - Graded and tested students on current assignments
- Valued jewellery, watches and gold from the public for sale or loan - Catalogued and maintained inventory database including e-commerce websites - Processed new and current loans based on collateral such as estate fine jewellery, watches and fine art
- Wrote diamond and gemstone education content for e-commerce website - Facilitated current jewellery orders and liaised with international manufacturers
· Graduated with First Class Honours · Dissertation “A case for smoking: Women and the material culture of smoking during the inter-war period (1918-1938)” was nominated for prize from Design History Society · Studied the history and theory of art and design from mid-17th century to present with a special focus on jewellery from these periods · Object handling and analysis utilizing a diverse range of art media · Extensive archive and library research with a focus on primary and secondary resources · Served as University of Brighton Student Union School of Humanities Class Representative from 2014-2017
· Practical knowledge of working with and using gemological equipment in a laboratory setting · Comprehensive knowledge of diamonds and gemstones with the ability to grade the quality of both · Detect synthetics, treatments, simulants and fracture-filled diamonds