Trained in architecture and urban design, Lisa focuses on the creative vision of HagenHinderdael’s lighting range. With an eye for detail and delivery, she is responsible for turning the HagenHinderdael ideas into reality – resolving the technical design of products and providing the studio’s logistical management. She also oversees operations and finances. Prior to launching HagenHinderdael, Lisa was Operations Partner at Design Haus Liberty where she was responsible for the running of both architecture and lighting business. This double outlet allowed her to foster her creative passion for light and installation design and led to her starting her own lighting business inspired by nature and its geometries. Lisa designed the award-winning teardrop light and has managed the design and delivery of several bespoke installations including Simorg at Cardiff Stadium 2018, Dewfall at the Venice Biennale 2016, and Mercury at South Bank Tower 2015. Her luxury lighting designs can be found across several high-end brands including Cartier, the Four Seasons, and the Waldorf Astoria. Lisa graduated with a Masters in Architecture in Urban Design from London’s Bartlett School of Architecture in 2012. She was a traveling scholar to the Veneto in 2010.
Projects credited in
- EMBRACE - London Design BiennaleWe are excited to announce that our Open Call response to the Radical Ideas : Design in an Age of Crisis initiative, led by London Design Biennale in partnership with Chatham House, is now available to view on the online gallery. The briefs explored the many issues which the current Covid-19 pandemic has either shone a light on or further exacerbated. A collaboration with Sadie Clayton, our design called EMBRACE re-imagines home treatment in a safe haven where tactility and comfort provide upli1
- PACAPACA is part of the Fountain of Hygiene exhibition, showcased at Design Museum London and BODW Hong Kong. Children’s hygiene should be encouraged in a playful way, making it an enjoyable part of their daily routine rather than a chore. Inspired by the famous PEZ candy dispensers, the disinfecting yet fun qualities of glow-in-the-dark UV light, and an animal that is known to count as emotional support and therapy in times of darkness, the Alpaca, we developed PACA – a toy with disinfecting qualit1
- BOLLABOLLA brings awareness to how the escalated use of packaging materials is affecting our environment. Pointing the way to a circular economy instead of designing things to fail, bubble wrap sourced from packaging waste is used as form-work and transformed through parametric modelling and innovative research into the light product BOLLA. Made of an eco-friendly concrete mixture that has been custom developed with material scientists, recycled plastic particles are combined into a concrete aggregat1
- BOLLABOLLA brings awareness to how the escalated use of packaging materials is affecting our environment. Pointing the way to a circular economy instead of designing things to fail, bubble wrap sourced from packaging waste is used as form-work and transformed through parametric modelling and innovative research into the light product BOLLA. Made of an eco-friendly concrete mixture that has been custom developed with material scientists, recycled plastic particles are combined into a concrete aggregat
- NACRENACRE, where collectible design pairs cutting edge technology with local history, in a collaboration of London-based designers HagenHinderdael and Dubai-based 3D-printed concrete specialists Concreative. NACRE is inspired by Dubai’s ancient history of pearl diving, with archaeologists finding evidence of this tradition dating back more than 7,000 years ago. The booming pearl industry led to people moving to the coast, establishing the basis for the founding of Dubai. Pearl diving became, and i1
+ Show more
London, United KingdomFull Time
Pairing product design with art, HagenHinderdael is a London based collaborative practice creating decorative lights, products, and interactive installations. Our ethos is to design with the afterlife of our lights and installations in mind. Working closely with local craftsmen to combine skilled methodologies with sustainable materials and cutting-edge technology, we produce elements and experiences that bear the incentive of a continuous afterlife.
+ Show more
- Concept Design
- Project Management
- Financial Management
- Lighting Design
- Product Design