Trained in architecture and urban design, Lisa focuses on the creative vision of HagenHinderdael’s lighting range. With an eye for detail and delivery, she is responsible for turning the HagenHinderdael ideas into reality – resolving the technical design of products and providing the studio’s logistical management. She also oversees operations and finances. Prior to launching HagenHinderdael, Lisa was Operations Partner at Design Haus Liberty where she was responsible for the running of both architecture and lighting business. This double outlet allowed her to foster her creative passion for light and installation design and led to her starting her own lighting business inspired by nature and its geometries. Lisa designed the award-winning teardrop light and has managed the design and delivery of several bespoke installations including Simorg at Cardiff Stadium 2018, Dewfall at the Venice Biennale 2016, and Mercury at South Bank Tower 2015. Her luxury lighting designs can be found across several high-end brands including Cartier, the Four Seasons, and the Waldorf Astoria. Lisa graduated with a Masters in Architecture in Urban Design from London’s Bartlett School of Architecture in 2012. She was a traveling scholar to the Veneto in 2010.
Projects credited in
- NACRENACRE, where collectible design pairs cutting edge technology with local history, in a collaboration of London-based designers HagenHinderdael and Dubai-based 3D-printed concrete specialists Concreative. NACRE is inspired by Dubai’s ancient history of pearl diving, with archaeologists finding evidence of this tradition dating back more than 7,000 years ago. The booming pearl industry led to people moving to the coast, establishing the basis for the founding of Dubai. Pearl diving became, and i2
- NacreNacre is a modular series of 3D printed outdoor furniture and planters. A collaboration between London-based designers HagenHinderdael and Dubai-based 3D-printed concrete specialists Concreative, the seats were launched at Dubai Design Week 2020 and have been followed by a new series of planters launched in 2021 to complement public realm and outdoor environments.
- TwineFinalist of the Third Edition of the Ro Plastic Prize 2021. Exhibited at Museo Nazionale Scienza e Tecnologia Leonardo da Vinci during Milan Design Week, 4-12 September 2021. Designed for the third edition of Rossana Orlandi Guiltless Plastic campaign, TWINE is an urban public furniture piece pushing the boundaries of additive manufacturing with conformal 3d printing and bespoke design. A collaboration between designers HagenHinderdael, outstanding sustainable material supplier Reflow, and award
- CocoonA collaboration between designers HagenHinderdael and 3d printing technologists ForustTM, COCOON is a decorative pendant light celebrating an innovative way to reduce timber waste through rethinking deforestation and the take and make production process. From the form through to its materiality and manufacturing, we sought to develop a product that is not only eco-friendly but fully degradable. The sculptural form of Cocoon has been developed to resemble an organic structure that speaks to the3
- EMBRACE - London Design Biennale @Somerset House 2021We are excited to announce that our project EMBRACE, done in collaboration with artist Sadie Clayton for the Radical Ideas : Design in an Age of Crisis initiative, will be exhibited at London Design Biennale in Somerset House throughout June 2021. The briefs explored the many issues which the current Covid-19 pandemic has either shone a light on or further exacerbated. A collaboration with Sadie Clayton, our design called EMBRACE re-imagines home treatment in a safe haven where tactility and2
- PACAPACA is part of the Fountain of Hygiene exhibition, showcased at Design Museum London and BODW Hong Kong. Children’s hygiene should be encouraged in a playful way, making it an enjoyable part of their daily routine rather than a chore. Inspired by the famous PEZ candy dispensers, the disinfecting yet fun qualities of glow-in-the-dark UV light, and an animal that is known to count as emotional support and therapy in times of darkness, the Alpaca, we developed PACA – a toy with disinfecting qualit2
+ Show more
London, United KingdomFull Time
Pairing product design with art, HagenHinderdael is a London based collaborative practice creating decorative lights, products, and interactive installations. Our ethos is to design with the afterlife of our lights and installations in mind. Working closely with local craftsmen to combine skilled methodologies with sustainable materials and cutting-edge technology, we produce elements and experiences that bear the incentive of a continuous afterlife.
+ Show more
- Concept Design
- Project Management
- Financial Management
- Lighting Design
- Product Design