Driving forward perceptions of embroidery beyond the familiar, onto the unknown and surprising, is what motivates me as a designer. I strive to develop and innovate new techniques, that capture the attention and provide both fashion and interiors clients with unique outcomes. I've worked with a wide range of techniques including: hand embroidery, digital embroidery, laser cutting, electro-flocking, vacuum-metallising, flatbed printing, chainmail linking, mould making, powder coating. And with a wide range of materials: silks, wools, cottons, knitwear, synthetics, plastics, perspex, laminates, resin, lucite, enamel.
- Genesis II - McQCreated as a design collective, Genesis II is about reinvention, a new age in fashion and a hopeful future. Working harmoniously with graphic elements, hand embroidery features as 'firework' flowers within a globe, and a snake intertwining with a double helix, conveying the idea of 'broken corporations'- their corporate graphics repurposed with hand elements for a new and hopeful aesthetic. Hand embroidery also features as small logo details and hand written text from SHYGIRL.
- Safiyaa PreFall 2020The Safiyaa silhouette is tailored and sculptural. For this season I sourced and developed industrial inspired trimmings, creating a range of rivets, studs and domed buttons to implement throughout the collection. I also developed a Herringbone embellishment, using baguette stones to create dense but minimal trims in 2 sizes. Most importantly, all details I developed can be applied quickly to the garments- a must for the made-to-order service the brand offers to their private clients.
- The 7 Deaths of Maria Callas - MAI x BurberryContemporary costuming for Marina Abramović's operatic performance - "The 7 Deaths of Maria Callas". Techniques explored included delicate Swiss laces given a hard edge with metalware, constructed fish-netting festooned with crystal droplets, a Torero jacket recreated in Swarovski crystals and supersized paillettes, to translate from stage and screen.
- Burberry x Rosalia // MTV VMA 2019This was a performance look, worn on stage by Rosalia. Swarovski crystals on rich black were used to give high impact sparkle. The full look comprised an embellished corset, and duvet cape, both trimmed and personalised with 'ROSALIA' across the back in Swarovski stonework.
- Jasper Conran Spring/Summer 2020My role in this project was to connect the client with the correct supplier to carry out the delicate silk ribbon and thread embroidery on tulle. A light touch was necessary to maintain the feeling of weightlessness and whimsy, that the Conran team had so carefully considered in their design. The outcome really was quite exquisite.
- DUNDAS x Poppy Delevingne // Met Gala 2019 'Camp: Notes on Fashion'Dundas created fantastical looks that explored high camp and extravagance. I was able to work on a look for Poppy Delevingne, mounting delicate crystal stonework, onto a dazzling gold sequinned coat with train, tuxedo pants and cummerbund. The outcome was a feast for the eyes!
+ View all
+ Show more
- Hand Embroidery
- Contemporary Embroidery
- Abobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Textile Design
- Textile Innovation
- Fabric Manipulation
- Fashion Textiles