Livy Nelson, aka Livy Has No Life, is an illustrator and multi-disciplinary artist currently transitioning to a life in Vietnam. “The earliest memory I have of using colour was mixing play dough together and thinking that I had invented pink. Since then colour has been a huge part of my life and has played a huge part in my artistic development. My most recent work deals with psychedelic and surreal paintings. The artwork is a vivid exploration of colour and imagination, with a vibrant, fantasy style aesthetic.” www.livyhasnolife.com Instagram @livyhasnolife
- Custom Painted HelmetI had been wanting to paint my bike helmet since arriving in Vietnam but wanted to paint it with enamel paint. After about a year of trying to source this paint in various colours lockdown hit. With no luck on the enamel front and with so much time on my hand I decided to just get on with it! After marking out and lightly sanding I went ahead with acrylic paint sealed with a varnish. Vietnam's main mode of transport are bikes of varying kinds, mainly motorbikes and scooters. Since posting this
- DECAY Exhibition, HanoiOrganised and curated this intentional exhibition under the banner of Rise Collective. Exhibition hosted by Arch in Hanoi, Vetnam. Showcasing art from all around the world from New Zealand to The Netherlands as well as local artists work. Exhibition in aid of Blue Dragon Children's Foundation who do great work across Vietnam. Poster design and all other promotional material created by me.
- Hyena BiancoMy most recent painting, 14x18” Acrylic on Canvas. According to legend, Ernie wondered the desert after leaving the hyena pack. Something about him was very different. He sought the wolves, he asked the goblins, he found the domesticated canines but he just didn’t fit in. He howled like a banshee towards the sky, perhaps crying out “why am I so alone?” The sun began to change. A nose appeared. “I too was outcast. I will join you and together we will find our place.”
- Window Painting at Frothy Bike Co.I was commissioned this past December to paint the large windows of Frothy Bike Co. in Dumfries, Scotland. They didn't want anything too Christmasy as thy wanted to have something that would last the Winter season. A Winter scene was born! I incorporated their two main aspects: bikes and coffee and worked the rest around that.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- CLUSTERCLUSTER is a collaborative pop-up initiative from East London. Its main goal is to create a global community of artists and industry professionals where we will initiate collaborations, conversations, encourage projects and most importantly we will give as much as support we can to all artists out there.
Workshop LeaderAspex’s Gallery
Portsmouth, United KingdomFreelance
Preparing and leading workshops for Family Saturday’s at Aspex Gallery. Family members of all ages and abilities are encouraged to make artwork through loose ideas and by experimenting with new materials.
Creative DesignerCurious Book Co.
Ruislip, United KingdomFull Time
Head of digital marketing through newsletters and social media. Heat press printing bespoke notebooks for large companies as well as designing.
- Painting Illustration
- Mural Painting
- Poster Art
- Adobe Photoshop
- Screen Printing
- Event Curation
MA Illustration The University of Portsmouth
- Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Graduated with a Distinction for completing a one year Masters.