I am a freelance journalist who writes about art, culture and lifestyle for titles including The Telegraph, the Financial Times and The Huffington Post. I also have experience working as an online copywriter for Wexas Travel – a luxury tailor-made travel company.
• I am a freelance journalist who has a strong background in art, photography, design, architecture, fashion, travel and lifestyle writing. • I contribute exclusive interviews, reviews and features to titles including Dazed & Confused, The British Journal of Photography, Elephant Magazine, The Telegraph and The Huffington Post among many others. • Notable interviews include Cornelia Parker RA, Hans Ulrich Obrist and Michael Landy RA. I am also dedicated to finding and promoting fresh talent.
• As Digital Content Writer at Wexas Travel – a luxury tailor-made travel company – I was the lead online copywriter meaning I wrote and sub-edited articles, news stories, travel itineraries and hotel profiles for their website. • I ran the company's social media including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google + and Pinterest. I also used Hootsuite to schedule posts. • Other responsibilities included creating weekly emails to send to clients, promoting events via social media, editing images in Photoshop, using SEO best practice and using Excel spreadsheets to organise workloads.
• I worked as a freelance sub-editor on the 2014 winter issue of The Gentleman's Journal. I copy-edited, proofed and fact checked luxury lifestyle content as well as helping to establish a house style.
• Whilst a Life and Arts Intern, I wrote weekly pieces for the FT’s Life and Arts Weekend supplement, including book reviews and the ‘snapshot’ feature. • Other tasks included running the Life and Arts Twitter (increasing following from 30,000 – 33,000) and sub-editing content.
• Tremors Magazine is a London-based arts and architecture magazine published in print and online dedicated to bringing architecture to a new audience. • As Arts Editor, I wrote, commissioned and sub-edited architecture related arts features, news stories and interviews, as well as securing exclusive multimedia content. • Other tasks included managing a network of freelance writers, attending press trips and helping organise events.
• At Apollo – The Spectator’s art magazine – I wrote exhibition reviews and art related news pieces for their website. • I also sub-edited content for the print edition, did picture research, implemented SEO best practice, used Wordpress and made picture galleries.
• As Arts and Entertainment Intern, I wrote cultural news stories, reviews and interviews across theatre, dance, music, art, books, photography, TV and film for print and online as well as creating multimedia content. • I used Escenic, Media Mogul, Google Analytics, Photoshop and SEO best practice as well as sub-editing content formulating stand firsts and headlines.
Visualising Knowledge in the Early Modern Netherlands: 1550 - 1730
Art Foundation Course