Growing up in the hospitality industry, with 3 generations of my family independently running a number of businesses, I have learnt to be self-motivated, innovative and resourceful whilst focusing primarily on delivering a high standard of customer service. I feel very lucky to have had this experience as it has given me a lot of responsibility and a great insight into the business world, giving me the opportunity to develop skills that are transferable in every aspect of the professional world. Fashion has always had a big influence on my life whether collecting magazines from a young age, working in retail or even studying visual arts though out my academic life as my work often focused predominantly on fashion, textiles and woman anatomy. Recently I interned for a PR Company for London Fashion Week AW 16 and although it was very hard work I loved every moment of it. This exposure to the industry has escalated my passion for the working environment and driven my career focus. Along side my previous managerial roles both in the restaurant industry and retail, I have been studying for CMI level 5 enabling me to fully understand and explore the management skills that I had already been learning and implementing. The dynamics of working in a team and interpersonal skills required to exercise leadership and remaining a team player is something I excel at. There have been social media marketing and sales aspects in all my job roles whilst also staying true to my creative side, I enjoy being in the field and thrive on activity as it feeds my enthusiastic nature, I would be willing to learn in a fast paced environment.
- Online marketing prodominantly on social media - Hiring and coaching new members of my team - Ordering and selling stock
- Writing rotas, managing staff availability and time off. - Conducting staff induction, training and appraisals. - Setting sale targets for each month. - Handling customer complaints appropriately. - Ordering Stock and managing the cellar cashing up the tills - Managing party bookings and special functions including weddings.
- Coverage reports, displaying online and magazine clippings. - Writing and organize delivery of invites. - Sending out samples and dealing with returns. - General tidying and cleaning of the office. - Contacting bloggers and publicists of celebrities to discuss launches. - On show days I had to organize the seating plan, check guests in, assist them with any needs and also help in the press pit with the reporters and photographers.
- Organising and delivering presentations to promote Camp Leaders at university lectures, job fairs and online. - Interviewing people applying to work at summer camps in America. (Approximately 7 a month, on Skype but predominantly face to face). - Preparing reports and assessments on applicants and submitting these to head office with my recommendation within 48 hours.
- Window dressing and organizing displays. - Managing orders and stock levels - Representing the brand wearing the clothes appropriately whilst at work. - Setting sales targets and whilst motiving the team, coaching and training them in order to reach the set targets.
- Selling tickets and deals for club events. - Representing and promoting the brand on line and at universities. - Hosting club events and VIP area ensuring quality customer service. - Managing guest lists, cloak rooms and Till. - Brainstorming and implementing new events, special guests and themes. - Assisted in the organizing and launching of an award winning festival Lost Village.
- As sales assistant I had to focus on customer care working in all sections of the store including the tills, stock room and replenishment, window design, changing rooms, shoe fitting and floor management. - Whilst I was part of the team we won “Store of the Year 2012”. - I was assistant to the manager organizing a fund raising fashion show.