Lucy Werrett is a director and analogue portrait photographer from Bristol who specialises in documentary and music promos. Lucy is interested in unlocking unusual layers in documentaries, breaking conventional formalities and using her own immersive and visual dialogue to leave a lasting imprint on the viewer. She looks to escape with her work and approaches filmmaking in conceptual, metaphorical and stylised ways, creating heightened worlds with her own cinematic language. Lucy is drawn to valuable and timeless stories that she fears are at risk of not being told. She borrows elements from installation, live visuals, animation, fiction/music promos and other art practices. Lucy’s style is heavily influenced by her photography, soft yet meaningful, emotional and dreamlike. Her directorial debut 'See What I Hear' was brought to life after winning a pitching competition out of 100 applicants run by the electronic music giant, Resident Advisor and the Institute of Contemporary Arts. Her work has been featured at numerous film festivals such as Sheffield Doc Fest, Encounters and her work has premiered on NOWNESS and several platforms globally.
- MAXIMUM BLACK - MOEGLIMAXIMUM BLACK - MOEGLI "The video from directors Isla Gaffney and Lucy Werrett stars acclaimed actor Alessandro Babalola, aka the unbelievably terrifying antagonist of Top Boy Season 3, who delivers an explosive performance. Bringing Kouba’s lyrics to life, he issues his call to arms with a presence few could pull off. As for the rest of the video, an expansive cast list of actors and dancers rise to the occasion with stunning performances that bring to life this powerful take down of colonial
- HOMEBOUND - DocumentaryI directed and edited an experimental documentary called HOMEBOUND, which premiered on Girls In Film. "Forced into a period of reflection, anonymous voices intimately detail how the UK’s first lockdown confronted them with their inner demons and desires". It’s been one year since the first lockdown so this feels like the perfect time to release the film and to reflect. The project has been a huge labour of love for everyone involved and we are immensely proud to be a female-led crew
- See What I Hear - Resident Advisor x ICA DocumentaryI won a documentary pitch at the Playback festival in collaboration with the ICA and Resident Advisor, where my pitch beat 100 other applications to be commissioned and produced. The film is about the progression of audio/visuals and the way they're transforming the club experience. Credits: Director / Producer
- Crossing The Line - Pinch & Kahn ft. Killa's Army (Music Video)Director, Editor and Assistant Producer - Lucy Werrett Creative Producer - Tanya Charteris-Black DOP/Camera - Jordan Hardy Colourist - Sinead Cooper Art Department - Abby Wallace Stills Photographer and Lighting - Jack Powley DV Operators - Molly Denton, Jack Powley, Lydia Johnson Production Assistant - Emma Ellis
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Crossing The Line - Pinch & Kahn ft. Killa's Army (Music Video)A music video I worked on as cinematographer/camera operator for Pinch & Kahn & Killa's Army. Shot on location in Bristol. Director, Editor and Assistant Producer - Lucy Werrett Creative Producer - Tanya Charteris-Black DOP/Camera - Jordan Hardy Colourist - Sinead Cooper Art Department - Abby Wallace Stills Photographer and Lighting - Jack Powley DV Operators - Molly Denton, Jack Powley, Lydia Johnson Production Assistant - Emma Ellis
Bristol, United KingdomFreelance
I am now working full time as a freelance director and photographer in Bristol and London.
London, United KingdomFreelance
I won a pitching competition with the Institute of Contemporary Arts and Resident Advisor - an online electronic music magazine. This gives young filmmakers the chance to produce a short documentary about electronic music. My film is about audio visuals, a subject that remains largely undervalued and underreported in the scene.
+ Show more
- Video Editing
- Video Production
- Social Media
- Camera Operating