- BRICKS #8 'The Let's Evolve' IssueI assisted Editor-in-Chief Tori West in producing this issue of BRICKS Magazine remotely during lockdown. Inside, I introduced and edited an insightful discussion between cover star Caroline Polachek and frequent collaborator A.G Cook, analysed the future of fashion with industry innovators, and interviewed some of the faces behind Instagram's biggest activism accounts.
- BRICKS #7 'The Rise Together' IssueI produced the Rise Together issue of BRICKS alongside Editor-in-chief Tori West and Features Editor Luke Smith. During the production of this issue, I wrote the cover story with Australian musicians Amyl & The Sniffers. Additionally, I assisted on shoots and interviews for the 'Portraits' section and published a fashion feature with TOMS Senior Director Lisa Hogg.
- BRICKS x Fred Perry - 10 Years on, How Amy Winehouse Is Still Inspiring Women in MusicAs part of Fred Perry x Amy Winehouse Foundation's decennial collection celebration, I coordinated and wrote this article featuring four rising stars in the music industry and how Amy's influence is still inspiring their work a decade since her passing.
Projects credited in
- IS 2020’S POLISH PRO-CHOICE MOVEMENT A REPETITION OR A REVOLUTION? - Article for BRICKS MAGAZINEhttps://bricksmagazine.co.uk/2020/12/23/the-year-women-took-the-streets-to-reclaim-the-power-over-their-bodies/ Retouch & Post Production by VASCO OLIVEIRA Article by MELISSA SANTOS Interviewee JUSTYNA PLEC Photography by JAKUB BARAN
Digital EditorBricks Magazine
London, United KingdomFull Time
I joined the BRICKS team in September 2019 as Editorial Assistant to Tori West, and became Digital Editor in November. In January, I took on the role of redesigning and relaunching our website into a multi-dimensional online platform. In this role, I have overseen the running of the online platform, including writing, editing and commissioning all content, managing brand partnerships and directing editorial shoots for our digital covers. During my time as editor, I have profiled Florence Given for our first BRICKS Voices digital cover, chatted to Amyl & The Sniffers for the cover of BRICKS Issue #7, and worked on collaborative projects with clients including Dr Martens, Fred Perry, TOMS and PUMA.
Editorial InternThe Stylist Group
- London, United KingdomInternship
During a one month placement, I assisted the Stylist digital team with creating content and copy for the online publication. I published several articles online and wrote copy for the print publication. Most notably, I supported the Features Editor in interviewing each party leader in the run-up to the 2019 UK election.
+ Show more
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Article Writing
- Cultural Journalism
- Interview Transcribing
BA (Hons) Fashion Journalism (First Class, 1st)London College of Fashion, UAL
- London, United Kingdom
Throughout my degree, I created portfolios of journalism including news reports, fashion features and investigations in the style of a wide variety of fashion media outlets including Vogue, Elle, Business of Fashion, Vice and Grazia. Additionally, I attended workshops in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro, filming, lighting and sound. For my dissertation, I extensively researched the proliferation of virtual influencers on Instagram and the cultural impact this has on female online identity.