As a business graduate, I have been keen to find a job that allows me to demonstrate my personal skills as well as learn the tricks of the trade from my potential peers. I graduated University with a 2:1 in Business Management. I am currently the marketing executive for a luxury salon/lingerie boutique operating in 7 locations with an 8th one opening late 2015. The role includes managing the production of marketing materials as well as overseeing and marketing and promotional activity. During my time, I have helped with the 7th store opening and the overall rebrand. My job entitles me to work at Head Office but also main close relations to the retail area managers and boutique managers to ensure all marketing is specified to suit each location. Throughout my years, I have worked as a Social Media manager for an upcoming beauty-booking app. With research on consumer trends and popularity, I gained 7,000 more Instagram followers within a minimal period as well as keeping on top with other social media platforms such as Twitter, Pinterest, Daily blogging and responding to any consumer queries. Furthermore, my duties included creating marketing campaigns for our subscribers and partners. This meant that, I was able to use various programs such a Photoshop, MS Office Suite and marketing campaigns such as Aweber, Hootsuite, GetResponse and Mailchimp. Prior to my role as a Social Media manager, I worked in retail for 4 years with two globally known brands. From then on there, I learnt the about the effect and outcome of delivering great customer service. The experience itself allowed me to develop my people and communications skills with weekly targets to work towards. I believe that I have the determination and drive to learn every step of the business and that everybody is capable of learning something new. Furthermore, I have always had an interest in the fashion, beauty and luxury industry. Additionally, I attended a luxury retail-training program because I was keen to study about the types of leathers, fabrics and cuts of diamonds etc. to further my knowledge. Furthermore, I have outstanding organisation skills. These skills were tested at my previous and most current job when I acted as a personal assistant to the CEO, alongside my duties as a Social Media manager. This meant using excel to organise invoices and payments. Also, using e-mail frequently to keep in contact with clients. Other duties included scheduling B2B meetings, gaining sponsorships from known brand and managing events and launch parties.
- Managing the production of marketing materials and newsletters & proof reading all. As well as, creating artwork for various advertisement, and marketing collateral and promotion. - Overseeing marketing/promotional activity and ROI across 7 branches - Updating online subscribers with the use of mailing campaigns, e-mail broadcasts and newsletters. - Working closely with the Director or Strategy & Operations to forecast and execute marketing plans - Responsible for the online re-brand of Strip - Working closely will all 7 boutique/concession managers to understand their marketing needs and execute all in store/POS activity to monitor success/progression. - Working with the buying team to create promotional activity through e-commerce and using Wordpress (+ multiple online plug-ins) to effectively create domain sites for sales and promotions. - Sourcing advertising opportunities and placing adverts in the press – local and regional, specialist publications. - Respond to requests from Media for images, quotes, Q&A’s. - Manage the annual budget for all advertisement and marketing activity, ensuring reports are produced to analyse return of investment. - First point of contact for Strip’s external PR company and liaise monthly to plan marketing activity and establishing and maintaining B2B relationships by developing a corporate database of clients. - Managing the social media marketing strategy focusing on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, YouTube
- Liaising with B2B opportunities and sponsorships as well as acting as a personal assistant to the Director. - Organisation and storage of financial documents, confidential and personal documents for both the business and the Director. - Developed IT skills such as Excel, Powerpoint, Photoshop. - Helped with the organisation and management of events. - First point of contact with both B2B/B2C enquiries, requests and incoming posts or calls. - Maintaining client database by inputting up to date data.
- Day-to-day management of key social media channels, in particular Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. - Evaluating the performance of social media campaigns with the Director and optimise content plans and copy based impact on business results. - Curating and writing valuable content (Blog Post, social media channels…) that engages and inspires the target market. - Ensuring responsiveness to customer interactions is industry-leading, covering positive and negative comments including resolution of customer issues, big or small. - Usage of social media management applications such as, Hootsuite, to generate traction on Social Media as well as designing branded marketing material. - Defining and tracking KPIs for our UK social media strategy against our competitors and reporting on the key metrics, sharing meaningful insights with the business - Ensuring social media targets were met in a specified amount of time.
- Achieving both daily and weekly sales targets throughout the means of providing excellent customer service. - Contribute to store performance through proactively engaging customers with wider initiatives such as customer sign up and click & collect. - Understanding the local customer base and meet their requirements in all their dealings with customers. - Operate tills, and all associated procedures such as refunds and returns. - Replenish stock against agreed plans garment care/folding procedures (working in both back of house and front of house) - Keeping up the maintenance of the store and stock room. - Being able to help with the training and development of new recruits.
- Representing the brand by providing excellent customer service and handling basic customer complaints and escalating as appropriate. - Working towards sale targets with the use of brand knowledge and product promotion. - Recruiting potential employees to help with the growth and representation of the brand. - Fully understanding Health & Safety/ Security procedures (weekly training on certain procedures).
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT AND MARKETING
Business Studies (A Level) Photography (A Level) English Literature (A Level) Chemistry (AS Level)
GCSE Business Studies - A Business Communication - B GCSE Art & Design - A GCSE English - B GCSE Double Science - B GCSE French - B GCSE Mathematics - B Religious Studies – C
Intensive luxury retail training course. Topics covered Image Enhancement, Clienteling, Product Knowledge (Leather, Diamonds and Fragrances), and Understanding Cross-Culture.