Studying for a BA in Art and English Literature at The University of Reading. Currently working with the University's women's rugby team to help promote the club, not only to encourage girls to play the sport but help secure the team's first ever sponsorship in partnership with Loddon Brewery. I have found it interesting getting to grips with various software as well as the challenge of finding ways to engage target audiences.Locked Pro Plan feature
. Formatting press coverage featuring our clients for our archive and weekly roundup for clients. . Composing invitations for press to review and visit our clients to help promote their businesses. . Creating listings for events held by clients such as supper clubs and seasonal events.
•Working as part of the committee in helping to promote the club on various social media platforms. • Producing weekly content for press releases in local newspapers, magazines and for the club's website that I designed.
. Coordinating the layout and design for the finalist show catalogue alongside the finalists and typography students. . Creating promotional flyers for the finalist show.
• Designing weekly material on our social media platforms to help promote the women's team to new students coming to the university this year and improve our presence as a society. • Negotiating with companies on sponsorship requests for the team e.g. tailoring emails to the specific company and discussing different levels of involvement with the team.
. Manufacturing props and set pieces for The Vaults upcoming production of 'Alice's Adventures Underground' through working as part of the art department team. . Communicating with the show directors to agree on certain elements to translate to the physical props and finish for the set.
• Organising and helping children from ages 4 to 10 with art projects in a workshop environment. • Managing both the children's behaviour as well as the progressing of the projects such as timings for drying and the actual construction of pieces.
• Producing weekly content covering a range of topics including sport, art and music. • Managing tight and competing deadlines for both online and printed content. • Developing photography skills; collecting permissions and photographic source material for articles. • Designing page layouts with In Design for monthly issues.
• Working with the student union to improve the learning outcomes for undergraduate students. • Attending student staff liaison meetings termly to action requests from students. • Campaigning and working collaboratively with the University's Education Officer to increase university grants to support Art students. • Awarded Course Rep Hero for campaigning to create subsides for Art students.
• Working in a team of five- responsible for the general well being of first year students. • Planning a range of social activities such as nights out in town and campus on an annual basis with a view to ensure the assimilation of first year students. • Communicating effectively and joint working with fellow students to plan multiple events for around 300 students. • Budgeting when planning events, coordinating multiple service providers and communicating effectively with venues and relevant staff.
• Presenter for the student radio show (broadcasted weekly on campus and internet). • Planning content covering relevant student issues such as the 'impact of rising tuition fees on young people's ability to access higher education' and ‘ the struggle of balancing study and work’ as well as music schedules. • Working in a team with two fellow students to plan and create weekly content such as quizzes and campus events.
Activities and Societies: Media Secretary, Head of Photography, Journalist, Student Representative, JCR, Radio Presenter, Rugby Player • Currently working as the media secretary to promote the university's women's rugby team to new potential student players via social media links such as Facebook and Instagram; helping to secure a sponsor for the team this season.
The Professional Track is a professional development scheme which offers a huge range of courses, placements and professional networking opportunities which provide students with skills and experiences that will help them stand out in the workplace. To complete the course I took two professional placements, three masterclasses and was part of a University activity alongside my studies .
Most Committed Player for Reading University Women’s Rugby Union Squad.