I am a child of the web generation. I have been involved in the digital side of communication at many levels, since my teenage, as my passion for the technology grew through the years. Needless to say, I am fascinated by the world of marketing and communications, which I had the opportunity to approach more in-depth through my previous work experiences. I also love music and, most of all, I love it when combined with what I believe is the thing I can do better: be creative and produce outstanding pieces of content. I have been collaborating for several years with various Italian online music publications (currently Indieforbunnies.com). The growth of a solid network of contacts – amongst PR agencies, artists and labels – led me to create my own blog/website, a project I’ve called Indie + Tonic (Indieandtonic.com).Locked Pro Plan feature
• Helping to implement client's social media strategy, both through an in-depth understanding of their digital marketing objectives, and through extensive competitive and audience research; • Setting up, managing and optimizing client's social channels within key social platforms; • Creating and sharing daily content that builds the client's brand, according to digital, marketing and brand KPIs; • Building measurable audience and engagement through the identification of new platforms, channels and opportunities; • Overseeing library asset production, curation of 3rd-party assets, and institutional communication as appropriate; • Creating editorial calendars and syndication schedules; • Moderating user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community; • Managing the reporting and governance of the client's social properties; • Writing socially-driven editorial and news updates for the client's sport & associated events; • Overseeing the continuous improvement of the content's social performance through capturing and analyzing appropriate social data, metrics, insights & best practices, and acting on them accordingly.
As a Marketing Associate, I was responsible for the main marketing activities, mainly focussing on social media, PR and the development of digital strategies. • Content and social media management: creation of pieces of content to populate the blog, focusing on a day-to-day delivery of social media; • Email marketing; • Project management: development of a new, Wordpress-based website; social media ad campaigns; A/B testing for the marketing messaging; • Product management: assistance to CEO and CTO with the software development and testing process; • Marketing research and data analysis: maintenance of the databases; web analytics.
• Maintained a large database of player information: 13 teams, ~ 400 players, 35 amongst managers and staff members. • Delivered match previews: researched information through different kinds of sources; provided detailed weekly reports about the database of players involved in the followed teams; collected football stats on matches both live and recorded and stayed current on the league; forecasted lineups for the upcoming games. • Managed a Twitter account (@FRcalcioMarco) to expand the network around the league: ~ 1500 twits/year, +41% followers engagement in the season 2014/2015; project managed a Twitter weekly calendar. • Contributed to the company’s official blog: April 2014, “The evergreen Kazuyoshi Miura”; March 2015, “Empoli’s Serie A dreams become reality”. Followed Italian Serie A, Japanese J.League 2, Italian Serie B and international teams: Congo, Albania, Congo, Italy, Lithuania, Lesotho, Rwanda. Match Analyst • Analysed 1458 matches, both live and recorded, and registered events using an internal software system. Exposed to football from several different leagues and developed a more in-depth general knowledge about leagues in different countries.
• Managed the communication strategy, including design and re-launch of the official website (www.showclub.it); worked in co-operation with Ci&lle Comunicazione and other suppliers. • Project managed the ad campaigns and set up an analytics web tracking platform on Google Analytics to analyse and strengthen the fan engagement and to attract new costumer for the online services. • Re-launched the Facebook official page (~ +100/month followers, created tailored ad campaigns) and launched the main social media channels (Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube), generating a followership of +130% by October 2012; project managed the social media calendar (2/4 posts per day, copy-editing of scientific related articles. • Email marketing: created weekly/monthly newsletters for different targets, tracked with analytics. • Product management: business planned the new online product MedinFit (www.medinfit.tv); business planned the launch of the official website and the social media channels; worked in co-operation with Videoe20 (media production) to plan and create specific video contents for the e-commerce platform. • Event management: planned and organized internal and external events (fundraising for charities, roundtables, press conferences).
• Assisted the Communication Manager in the creation of the communication strategy; project managed the social media calendar (2/4 articles per day on the official website; splashes on the main media channels) and managed the main social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram); edited the official website (www.hellasverona.it) and the official house organ (club’s match program). • Match day operations: managed the official website and the social media channels during the home matches; assisted the Communications Manager during the press conferences and while coordinating the press accreditations; community management post-event. • Marketing area: A/B testing of marketing messaging; created presentations for the sponsorship packages (prospects/leads for the season 2012/2013); assisted the Marketing Manager in the negotiations for the renewal of the agreement with the technical supplier (Asics) and assisted the planning/budgeting of some related events.
• Head of communications: managed the creation and launch of the official website (www.padova21.it); project managed the editing of the website with a planned daily calendar (1/2 articles per day); worked in co-operation with Videoe20 (media production) to create an audio/video adv; managed a database of ~20 local journalists to guarantee the maximum exposure possible of for the event; planned the press conferences to introduce the event; post-event management. • Launched the social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and managed the social media calendar, according to a strategy to attract customers and prospective sponsors. • Assisted the Marketing Manager of Show Personal Training Club (event’s organizer) to promote the event; researched the local and regional market and created a database of 150-200 northern-Italian companies (prospects); created presentations for the sponsorship packages; personally managed a partnership with Calcio Padova 1910 Spa to promote the event during three home games of the Serie B team (10.000 fans on average at the stadium). • Customer care for ~1500 participants; assisted the application operations; assisted the event day operations of accreditations; post-event management, created tailored newsletter a follow-up for athletes/sponsors/suppliers/media.
• Head of Biancoscudati.net (2004-2011): created, managed and edited the news website about Calcio Padova (~1000 unique visitors/day); project managed the daily editorial schedule; managed the main graphic tools; coordinated an editorial staff composed by 3/4 other reporters; managed an online community (~300 users). • “Il Padova” (E-Polis Group, 2005-2007): reported about Calcio Padova on a daily basis; ~50 articles written. • Reporter for press agencies Dire, MediaSport, MediaPress, ItalPress: written articles for several local newspapers across Italy, reporting from Padova (Corriere Adriatico, Il Messaggero, Gazzetta del Mezzogiorno and vv.); ~100 articles written. • Live co-commentator/opinionist for Radio Padova’s live commentary for football games in Padova (2006-2009); full radio commentary of the game Hellas Verona-Padova (Sept. 2008). • Official reporter for Gazzetta del Mezzogiorno (August 2008), from AS Bari training camps from Vittorio Veneto (TV): ~15 articles written, including exclusive interviews to the manager Antonio Conte and the sporting director of the club.
The course in Digital Marketing provides individuals with a solid foundation in marketing fundamentals, from segmenting a market to developing customer insight, and combines it with hands-on training in developing engaging content, and paid and unpaid tactics for acquiring and retaining new users.
Final dissertation in Sports Marketing and Brand Management: “Calcio Padova: the brand equity of a century-old club”
Final dissertation in Sports Marketing: “Marketing strategies in football: Bassano Virtus 55 S.T., a case-history”
Award for the most outstanding Master's thesis - "Calcio Padova: the brand equity of a century-old club" - in the fields of sports marketing and brand management.