Graphic Designer, currently based in France, with interest in book and editorial design, typography and curatorial work as well as exhibit design. A graduate at The Royal Academy of Art (KABK), I'm eager for collaborative projects, new interesting ideas, unexpected topics or alliances. With a special interest in mythological and historical narratives, inspiration for my work is deeply rooted in the past and naive; antiquity, renaissance and philosophy. I firmly believe in the beneficial power of dark colours and in using them in an interesting and thoughtful way. Both these aspects at times allow me to make cryptic choices. Philosophy and literature often become topics in my research-based projects, meaning that text-based design allows for a typology of type experiments to happen throughout the process. Enigmatic and aesthetic, yet functioning as a catalog of statements. I want people to interpret my work, feel it, or get confused. I will call my approach to design practice as cynical. In the world of clean, joyful and objective design, I believe in our practice having the potential for subjectivity, obscenity and enigma. Scratch the surface so that glue goes deeper.
- What lies beyond the surface?A design for a Bachelor Thesis on photography 'What lies beyond the surface?', written by Chelsey Honders . Within this paper she researches the materiality of photography and investigates how its interference with the image can contribute to the conceptual outcome of the work.
- The Gospel TruthTo what extent is the trend of hyper-positivity and enthusiasm responsible for today’s prevalent misuse of anti-anxiety medications? Researching an almost paranoiac rejection of negative emotions in our visual language and everyday life, I want to bring attention to a questionable industry that feeds off escapism and benzodiazepine abuse. This project talks about the tyranny of modern enthusiasm, aiming to show how an over-performative work culture, self-help market, hyper-positive ideology, and
- STERILE DOGMAThis book is a printed translation of my Bachelor graduation thesis in the Graphic Design department at the Royal Academy of Arts in The Hague(KABK). Today we are living in the world where fear and doubt are being condemned to the ever-lasting flight down the void. This becomes a reason for us to start denouncing other crucial parts of our lives as non-important ones or as those that are reinforcing fears and insecurities in favour of artificial shelter made of all that successful compensating
- Exhibition Balance by StruggleThe exhibition "Balance By Struggle” explores the relationship between two of the most famous personas of De Stijl, Theo van Doesburg and Piet Mondriaan, by getting to the core of their disagreement: formality vs informality. A primary struggle for all artists, times and movements. The exhibition “Balance by Struggle“ was on view on September 16 and 17 at the Gemeentemuseum Den Haag. The exhibition suggested a new outlook on the conflicts and mentality of De Stijl from new perspectives, retros
- Amnesty Netherlands - 50 years anniversaryThe cause of the project is the celebration of 50th anniversary of Amnesty Netherlands, for which 3d year students of The Royal Academy of Art were asked to select one of 12 unresolved cases of Amnesty International. The task was to research them and propose new ways of communicating/dealing with them which will be presented in a separate exhibition during celebration held in Amsterdam on April 2018. Working together - me, Yeon Sung and Dominika Fojtikova, chose to work on Raif Badawi’s case t
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Exhibtion Balance by StruggleThe exhibition Balance By Struggle explores the relationship between two of the most famous personas of De Stijl, Theo van Doesburg and Piet Mondriaan, by getting to the core of their disagreement: formality vs informality. A primary struggle for all artists, times and movements. Th exhibition Balance by Struggle was on view on September 16 and 17 at the Gemeentemuseum Den Haag. The exhibition suggested a new outlook on the conflicts and mentality of De Stijl from new perspectives,retrospecting
- Amnesty Netherlands 50 years anniversaryThis project is the celebration of 50th anniversary of Amnesty Netherlands. The task was to research them, propose new ways of communicating/dealing with them which will be presented in a separate exhibition during a celebration held in Amsterdam in April 2018. Working together with me, Yeon Sung and Mariam Darchiashvilli, chose to work on Raif Badawi’s case that is well known not only in Saudi Arabia but all around the world. Raif, who founded an online world. forum for political and social deb
Graphic DesignerAvesta Group
- Paris, FranceFull Time
Missions included: art direction, graphic design and illustration for museum scenography and exhibition design, development of visual identities and branding for museums and cultural institutions.
- Layout Design
- Editorial Design
- Html CSS
- Concept Development
- Graphic Communication
- Project Co-ordination
- Exhibit Design