My name is Mario Stilla and I am a designer involved in fashion, design, and communication. I have a passion for illustration combined with professional experience that has led to my unique approach to the design process. As such it has become an useful tool put to the service of the many clients; I have had the chance to collaborate with various design brands like Saint Laurent and Off White- working chiefly as a bag designer. In the past I have also had the chance to work as an illustrator for American markets, once for an application and also on some animation projects. My best experience, however, has been creating a graphic novel called Rubicon. This provided me with the proper professional growth and the right tools with which to create my future. My current competencies cover various steps of the design process: sketching ideas, developing 3d modeling and rendering, and packaging for vendors. I am also adept at presentations and graphics.
- MASERATI BAGSThe Maserati line of bags for men is composed of three nylon bags with details inspired by the automotive world of Maserati. I idealised the main idea of a front gril- le with a reflective texture applied then to an outdoor backpack. In addition I also designed a duffle bag which has as a focus the dynamism of cars. Both bags were then redesigned in 2d graphics for a greater understan- ding of their volumes for the vendor in the prototyping phase.
- Case 2: Product design & renderingDeveloped at the Giulio Iacchetti studio for FW18 Moleskine collection. Based on the ideas of the designer, I have been creating a series of sketches followed by realistic graphic renders of the entire bag line. The main focus was to show with greater fidelity the general aesthetic. This included the technical parts of every single component of the collection, and to facilitate client ad vendor understanding. I developed these drawings by hand using pen and marker and then colored them with digi
- Case 1: hardware creation for an icon bagThe Icon hand bag of the Frida line was designed for the FW19 collection for the La Martina. It is mostly a hit bag, defined by Italian leather coupled with new metal accessories and a new front plaque. The intent of the team was to infuse the Argentinian brand’s DNA (linked to the equestrian world of polo) using metal details enriched by Gaucho design. The concept generation phase was developed through manual sketching, in which metal parts and shape was born. I then defined the frontal accesso
- Tronco BagAt first developed for an US brand in 2017, than became a final project for the design master, this set of three bags is defined by a unique style of leather processing that gives stiffness and flexibility to every single bag. For this project, I had been engaged in the development of the aesthetic and functionality stage, passing through a careful concept generation phase into a 3D design phase for the development of the prototype by injection print. To define the idea in an ideal way I then cr
- baby bag concept idea for Palmeri Studio (Milan)What you'll see is an extract of some concept illustrations about a bag design project, based on an innovative smart system for traveling with babies. I developed this project with the Italian designer Lorenzo Palmeri, for an American start-up called "baby guest".
+ View all
beg designermore srl
- Milan, ItalyFull Time
I was involved In studio more as senior designer of leather goods and my role was mostly focused in developing bag collections for some luxury fashion brands such as Saint Laurent, Off-white or AMBUSH
designer managerSaint Laurent
- Paris, FranceFreelance
I have been involved in Saint Laurent as consultant fashion designer from More studio (Milan). My role wanted me to crate men's bags collections for SL. Starting from inputs given by the art director I had to develop preliminary sketches to define final prototypes so I worked constantly with modelers in order to define as well those bags.
- Sketch Artist
- Digital Painting
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Animation Design
- Ink Drawing