I am an undergraduate at the University of Manchester with a keen interest in event management. Since moving to Manchester I’ve founded and worked on several clubbing brands and multiple live events, alongside working as Head of Events for Fuse FM. This summer I interned at The Cause in London for 3 months, where my roles included marketing and artist liaison. I am eager to use that as a starting point to involve myself in other projects and learn more about the field. I have a strong track record in leadership and collaborative working and am a hard-working team player. I graduate in May 2019.
• Managing an events team comprised of 10 committee members, including teaching an entirely new event-based skill set. • Sourcing and managing DJ and venue bookings for multiple club nights and live music events. Orchestrating first collaborative stand-up and sketch night with UoM’s Comedy Society. • Designing (Gimp) or sourcing graphic designers for event flyers and Facebook headers. • Trained Fuse presenters to properly our studios and equipment. • Creating, managing and promoting effective digital marketing for each event. • Co-hosting several podcasts.
• Managing sponsorship appeal, securing support (financial and otherwise) from Red Bull, Mission Mars and various local small businesses. • Creating and implementing digital marketing strategy, including paid Facebook and Instagram Ads, giveaways and regular relatable content posts, as well as close analysis of Facebook and Instagram analytics. Curating and managing physical marketing (flyers, Brand Ambassadors, word of mouth campaigns). • Managing collaboration between various UoM societies, including Filmmaking and RAG. • Booking DJ’s, bands and venues for event and fundraising events. • Organising a large body of people split into 6 separate teams, including creatives, model management and student brand ambassadors. • Working closely with treasurer to ensure proper money management. • Overseeing production team.
• Designed and implemented new social media strategies to boost engagement. (Facebook: +2368 likes. 82.5% percentage rate increase). • Set up and managed new social media tools (Canva, Later, Facebook Business Manager). • Formatted and distributed regular MailChimp newsletter. • Artist Liaison. Completed bookings, negotiated with agents, orchestrated transport, hotels and riders, oversaw radio appearances for high-profile DJs, sole responsible for artists on the night. • Incident management: co-ordinating a team of security in high-stress situations, including violent customers and serious head injuries. • Completed venue listings on various websites and apps (Tagvenue, Hirespace, Headbox).
• Founded new concept of a streetwear and vintage sale-cum-day party dedicated to raising funds for mental health charities. • Negotiated brand involvement, including setting up preliminary stages of a working relationship with Depop. Other brands included Amarachi Jewellery, CustomRare and Dream But Do Not Sleep. • Liaised with charities to negotiate their involvement – C.A.L.M., MIND and Help Musicians UK. • Sourced and visited wholesale vintage warehouse. Selected stock from their offering. • Created, managed and promoted digital and physical marketing for both events. • Booked DJs. • Ensured smooth running of the event on the day, working with security, DJs, sound technicians and bar staff.
● Orchestrated student clubbing brand. ● Found and built relationships with local talent. Managed bookings for event. ● Organised sound and lighting, including negotiating cost to stay within budget. This included lasers, smoke machines, light strips and correct musical equipment e.g. CDJs. ● Worked with a graphic designer to come up with a visual brand, including several different iterations of the logo. ● Managed online promotion ahead of the event. This included managing multiple social media profiles and managing profiles on Skiddle and Resident Advisor. ● Managed offline promotion. Created branded flyers and managed a team of distributors in central and south Manchester. ● Booked venue hire with CUBO Fallowfield, including negotiating contracts. ● Managed finances and budgeting for the event. ● Set up ticket allocations and managed live sales through Skiddle Promotions Centre. ● Oversaw the night of the event, managing any issues arising with DJs, working beside bouncers to verify tickets and ensuring no clauses outlined in the venue’s contract were breached. ● Skiddle statistics: 152 tickets sold, £241 ticket income. On the door sales: 40 tickets sold, £160 income. Total takings: £401.
● Managed social media presence for The RAP Project across multiple channels. Posted original and curated content with the aim of growing the teenage audience. ● Edited and circulated a biweekly newsletter using MailChimp. ● Arranged and managed a BBC Radio 4 interview at a school, worked on another at the Broadcasting House.
I will graduate from the University of Manchester in May 2019 with a Bachelors Degree in English Literature. My current grade is a high 2:1.
During my time at Headington I was awarded an Academic Scholarship for outstanding academic achievement. I was also voted into a position as House Prefect by my peers and staff at the school, which came with significant responsibilities. I founded the school’s creative writing magazine, Folio, and received both the Coutts creative writing prize and a prize for services to the school. I was also Rock Challenge coordinator, choreographer and group leader and was elected captain of the cheerleading team.