Hello! I’m Matthew, a middle-weight designer and illustrator helping people and brands create work that serves to define and inspire. My experience comes from working on campaigns, print and digital publications, brand identities, illustrations and more. I’ve operated in the UK and Australia for agencies, in-house studios and myself, working across a range of projects for clients such as the National Trust, New Balance, the University of Birmingham and the University of Worcester. My works have been featured by various design bodies, including AIGA, Behance and Creative Boom.
- Pure Beer BrandingPure Beer is a brewing company that wanted to update its branding to match its ethos of being fun, modern and loud. And today, this is what we as consumers look for. It’s what draws us in to try it, and coupled with amazing beer, it’s what keeps us coming back for more. We identify with the beer we drink.
- Old-TimerI saw an ad run by Airbnb in my Instagram feed that promoted the historic gold mining areas near to where I lived in regional Victoria, Australia, and an image of a gentleman who looked to be well into his 80’s stuck out to me. He was a recreational gold prospector, pan in hand, with a long white beard and a scruffy old hat. It inspired me to create this logo.
+ View all
- Melbourne, AustraliaFreelance
I operated as a freelance designer in Melbourne, Victoria through the freelance agency Become. I worked on accounts for ME Bank, New Balance, and various other local businesses. I also worked remotely for a UK start-up catering company.
Graphic DesignerUniversity of Birmingham
- Birmingham, United KingdomFull Time
Working across a broad range of subjects and campaigns that have reached global audiences. A major role of mine was taking over as the primary designer for the Birmingham Heroes campaign, a year-round focus on the groundbreaking discoveries made by University researchers. Aside from this, I have designed and produced prospectuses, logos, promotional assets, digital communications, large-scale graphics across the many different schools and departments at the University.
+ Show more
- Print Design
- Digital Design
- UX Design
- UI Design
- Layout Design
- Information Design
- Graphic Design
Bachelor of Arts (BA) University of Worcester
- Worcester, United Kingdom
BA with Honours in Graphic Design & Multimedia
+ Show more