I'm a UK based Australian director and filmmaker working in broadcasting and advertising, with experience in the UK and many countries around the world. Prior to that I worked as a DP/lighting cameraman on all formats and many genres, experience I have found invaluable as a director. I have made films for networks such as C4 in the UK. National Geographic and the Discovery Channel. Additionally I have directed sponsored content and advertising work for brands such as AXA, Canon, HSBC, O2, Paul Smith, Sony, Toyota and Wallpaper*. Additionally I have also worked in house at Hogarth WW as a staff director of content and commercials. I write too, prose and scripts, and many of the projects on my reel have taken me through all stages from idea to the delivery of a finished film. Finally this work is often an amazing experience, and it should be at least respectful and satisfying for everyone involved. Get in contact if you want to toss an idea around.
- Speaking to the FutureA project I've recently completed for the Far Future Tech Mission, an initiative of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and the Department of Media Culture and Sport. I x 2 minute film with 4 x 30 second spots. The kids from Shacklewell Primary School in Dalston, London, were marvellous, perceptive, and very moving.
- Paul Smith Autumn/Winter 2016 Women's fashion show.Late in 2015 I was contacted by the fashion brand Paul Smith. I knew they’d liked the film I made for the exhibition at the British Design Museum exhibition “Hello. My Name is Paul Smith”. So it was nice to be asked to make a series of projects for their 2016 Women’s Show, part of London Fashion Week. The location was the headquarters of the Royal College of Physicians in Regents Park, a beautiful Grade 1 listed building designed by Denis Lasdun and finished in 1964. On my first location recce
- Put it to the PeopleA call to action film for the rally held on March the 23rd in London to demand a People's Vote and the option to remain in the European Union. This film was turned around in record time and seeded on social media the Friday before the march. It was then shown on big screens along the route of the march, and in Parliament Square. I was the director and operated a second camera.
- Hate Crime - George the PoetLate in 2016 I was asked by Silverfish Media to come up with film ideas for the Equalities and Human Rights Commission in the UK. The EHRC wanted a project that confronted racism head on, its causes, and how an inclusive and tolerant society deals with bigotry and prejudice. I had seen some of George the Poet's work and thought he’d be brilliant onscreen and hoped he’d be interested in writing something too. The one day shoot early in 2017 was pretty straightforward. I directed, lit, and opera
- Running ManI directed and was the DP on this short film. The poem – “Marathon” by E. Ethelbert Miller, resonated with all of the production crew on many levels, and seemed to fit with the personal narrative of ultra marathon runner Sam Hopkins. The shoot was a physically hard yet an intensely rewarding experience for all of us. The scenery in Wales was stunning. We climbed Pen Yr Fan in Wales twice, once with a full kit. And we were up at all hours to catch the light, most memorably walking out over the
- Final Cut Pro
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Script Writer
- Davinci Resolve
DiplomaAustralian Film, Radio and Television School
- Sydney, Australia
I attended the AFTRS for a post graduate year studying cinematography.