Hi, I’m Matthew Porter, a graphic designer fluent in Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign. I work effectively independently or as apart of a team and have experience of presenting work within a commercial setting. I am capable of managing complex assignments over a long duration as well as being able to respond quickly to projects with a short turnaround. I particularly enjoy branding & advertising and I'm now ready to progress my career in graphic design.
- Leading People - Final Major ProjectA playful approach was taken in the form of a spoof employment agency to raise awareness of the vital role working dogs play in our lives. By specifying a range of job skill sets normally attributed to typical occupations, humans are led to believe the jobs are targeted at them when in fact they are for dogs.
- British Journal of Photography Design - St Pancras InternationalA visit to a historic location in Britain, St Pancras International Station, helped forge an imaginative magazine layout in the style of the British Journal of Photography. The design uses the copywriting and photographic skills of the designer to add context to the editorial as well as visual aesthetic to the layout.
- Goodnight Mister Tom - Book Cover DesignResponse to a brief to create a book jacket design for Goodnight Mister Tom, a children's novel by the English author Michelle Magorian which follows the relationship of a London evacuee during WW2 housed by a disgruntled old man. The concept cleverly uses an imaginative and original idea to link both the start and end of the story to the front and back cover. The reader won’t initially realise this until they begin to read the book and find the text which talks about a pencil mark for a coat ho
Projects credited in
- South Bank Arts Centre, (Bedford College), Graphic Communication BA (Hons)We are an ideas-based course specialising in print, digital, advertising and branding. We work with an impressive network of national and local design professionals and have a long track record for winning national awards and placing students directly into employment. Within easy reach of London (35 minutes by train), we offer small, supportive group sizes mentored by industry professionals delivered on a Degree pathway package costing less than £20,000. PLEASE SIGN OUR VIRTUAL VISITORS BO14
- Moodbreaker Communication Concept, Wristband & App - Childline BriefConcept: ‘Moodbreaker’ is a campaign for Childline to help young children deal with upsetting online encounters and content. Using cutting-edge technologies, a wrist band identifies the wearers mood which when linked to an app allows them in a fun manner to confront and destroy the upsetting content.