I am a creative marketing professional with a future-first mindset and passion for connecting dots (no pun intended). For almost a decade, I have been on the front-line of social media marketing and technology delivering creative concepts, campaigns and strategies to a wealth of international music artists while also identifying and developing new business initiatives in a rapid and ever-changing digital landscape. My passion for creativity, strong knowledge of technical processes and emotional understanding of consumers allows me to confidently plan contextually engaging campaigns, direct creative projects and effectively collaborate with international teams, media partners, marketing agencies, developers, artists, and creators from conception to execution. I am highly passionate about the consumer, always questioning the digital media status quo and continuously looking ahead to the future by identifying opportunities and solutions to potential problems ahead-of-the-curve. Above all else, I love thinking creatively and using my skillset to identify or solve any artistic or business challenge. Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you would like to chat further. I will be more than happy to help you!Locked Pro Plan feature
- Collaborating with Universal Music’s Global Marketing Innovation team on an ongoing creative strategy for voice technology and digital activations for Jay-Z, Kendrick Lamar, Alessia Cara and Kris Wu. - Delivering creative marketing plans for multiple clients within music and entertainment and providing digital marketing, social media and content creation services within the gig economy. - Launching and developing several personal projects (music podcast, clothing brand, Alexa Skills and more).
- Increased awareness, engagement and sales by developing, launching and managing hundreds of global marketing campaigns for priority releases and label projects. - Led the development of bespoke marketing campaigns and web technology projects with external partners and directed creative efforts of all other campaigns, projects and challenges within the team. - Developed new technology products for company-wide use - including VR/360, AR and messaging applications. - Developed an internal creative suite which enabled Universal Music labels to launch thousands of digital initiatives for no cost - saving £2,000+ per digital campaign. - Generated an estimated 493 million hashtag impressions in 24 hours with a global DOOH partnership with Twitter. - Created 900 million estimated impressions of #WorldHeartDay via an innovative native app and organic social campaign. - Previewed a new artist album via a custom mobile web game which saw 3m organic hits in 24 hours. - Launched a contextual artist marketing campaign in thirteen markets which increased Spotify streams by 800%. - Commissioned and served as Executive Producer on three music film adaptations in partnership with the BFI. - Led the development of a location-based AR music recommendation experiment at SXSW. - Sourced over 20 hours of Instagram video content for an evolving music video campaign. - Built a music video mashup platform using the YouTube API. - Premiered the first ever full-length music video in Snapchat.
- Directed and inspired artists to maximise social media communications effectively and creatively to build strong emotional connections with their audiences. - Spearheaded all artist strategies and collaborated with multiple labels and external partners to establish and expand artist awareness, fan engagement, retention and conversion. - Raised $21,000 as part of a creative social philanthropy experiment.
- Led the social media team to ensure prompt execution of content and follower growth across all social channels. - Managed day-to-day social media efforts and increased awareness and engagement with conversational driven marketing for artists, labels and partners. - Secured new business by developing and pitching strategic marketing initiatives to artists, labels and external partners.
- Used social media knowledge and techniques when listening to artists’ submissions, followed by selecting the artist to perform at events, while continually considering the audience type and manifesto of the event. - Utilised creativity when producing rich media content for the festival website, whilst extensively using CMS. - Proved organisational skills when managing a street team, with the objective of successfully promoting a festival in the crucial areas of major cities, such as London and Brighton. - Used social media to increase brand awareness and to promote events, whilst assisting the marketing team with executive assignments.
- Efficiently updated the label’s CMS with metadata and label copy on both back catalogue and new releases, and assisted all departments in an effective and timely manner.
Dissertation: “New Technology Has Changed the Music Industry: Will it Change Us?” Other modules: - Business Aspects of the Music Industry - Record Label Structure - Promotions - Live Music Market - Online Marketing - Radio - Music Copyright - Music Publishing Whilst studying, I was also a DJ, presenter and producer of You Heard It Here First - a new music show on the University of Westminster's student radio station (Smoke Radio).